What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale AVENGERS INFINITY QUEST LE (AIQ LE)

msgalaga

Site Supporter
Alias
galaga
For sale AVENGERS INFINITY QUEST LE (AIQ LE)
Condition practically as new - only about 400 games..
No mods

Pin is located currently in Poland. If you don't live on an island (e.g. jersey ) or north (scotland) , my carrier can deliver it to your home (payment on pick up possible)
He is once a week in the UK (removals) mainly London, Machester but also other places to be agreed. Delivery cost about 80-100 £
More photos on whats app
Price: 12500 £
if you seriously interested - contact me

Attachments

• IMG-20210221-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20210221-WA0012.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 152
Hi, presumably there would be a £3000 import/customs/VAT charge to pay on top as well, or no?

The import charges will be added at U.K. customs. You won’t know anything about it. So it’s not crap at all.
why this discussion?

my friend goes every week - different goods, removals in both directions.
(transport company - fleet of 5 big cars)

he knows when, and how, and how much.

when need have to pay and when you can bring something free of charge..

If you don't know anything about the subject, then please don't comment.

PS. i can assure the person interested in purchasing the lack of any fees (if needed - i can give it add to purchase agreement in writing form)

why this discussion?

my friend goes every week - different goods, removals in both directions.
(transport company - fleet of 5 big cars)

he knows when, and how, and how much.

when need have to pay and when you can bring something free of charge..

If you don't know anything about the subject, then please don't comment.

PS. i can assure the person interested in purchasing the lack of any fees (if needed - i can give it add to purchase agreement in writing form)
Perhaps this may have been a good thing to note in the original post, therefore giving no one the chance to even bring up the very important subject.

Pinball machines are zero rated for import duties from EU countries, but UK VAT is payable on the total of item + shipping cost; payable by UK law at the UK border (declared items can/will be impounded until the VAT bill is paid).
Just as a heads up, this machine is pretty expensive already compared to the UK market, so this is probably an irrelevant point, but it would be the buyer's responsibility to pay this VAT. Bearing that in mind, I think any buyer would need to be given some legal guidance documentation from a government body explaining why VAT wasn't due (maybe your circumstance is different to the explanation in the below link where I investigated this previously - I'm happy to update my other post if there is an exception?) - a letter from you obviously wouldn't satisfy the UK tax authority. It also wouldn't be of any real value if it came to a situation of enforcing a contractual term/condition you had added in a sales document (i.e. going to court because the machine was impounded at the UK border until someone paid the VAT bill) - that would be a nightmare of epic proportions - across national borders, in a language a buyer is unlikely to speak, and in a legal system which they couldn't get legal representation for in the UK.

Last edited:
Pinball machines are zero rated for import duties from EU countries, but UK VAT is payable on the total of item + shipping cost; payable by UK law at the UK border (declared items can/will be impounded until the VAT bill is paid).
Just as a heads up, this machine is pretty expensive already compared to the UK market, so this is probably an irrelevant point, but it would be the buyer's responsibility to pay this VAT. Bearing that in mind, I think any buyer would need to be given some legal guidance documentation from a government body explaining why VAT wasn't due (maybe your circumstance is different to the explanation in the below link where I investigated this previously - I'm happy to update my other post if there is an exception?) - a letter from you obviously wouldn't satisfy the UK tax authority. It also wouldn't be of any real value if it came to a situation of enforcing a contractual term/condition you had added in a sales document (i.e. going to court because the machine was impounded at the UK border until someone paid the VAT bill) - that would be a nightmare of epic proportions - across national borders, in a language a buyer is unlikely to speak, and in a legal system which they couldn't get legal representation for in the UK.

there a few various options and exceptions where items are not covered by any VAT during entering the customs territory
(especially when it comes to a used item)
i see no justification relate you how - because this is not a place to confidences

I use this knowledge for my own use.
example?
I bought (not a cheap) machine last year (22) from this forum.link bellow:
pin is currently located outside uk. no one paid VAT for it because it wouldn't make any sense
(in the kontext of profitability)
and it works the same way both ways

unnecessarily you are poisoning the minds of potential buyers with the specter of expensive vat
it is not my intention putting someone to additional costs - I wrote as it is.
if someone decides to buy, he will pay no more than the current price.

there a few various options and exceptions where items are not covered by any VAT during entering the customs territory
(especially when it comes to a used item)
i see no justification relate you how - because this is not a place to confidences

I use this knowledge for my own use.
example?
I bought (not a cheap) machine last year (22) from this forum.link bellow:
pin is currently located outside uk. no one paid VAT for it because it wouldn't make any sense
(in the kontext of profitability)
and it works the same way both ways

unnecessarily you are poisoning the minds of potential buyers with the specter of expensive vat
it is not my intention putting someone to additional costs - I wrote as it is.
I have no idea what the rules are regarding moving items from the UK to the EU per your example, nor is that relevant to this sale in the slightest. But I suspect in your example you have committed tax evasion in your country.

For goods entering the UK, whether the goods are new or used does not matter to HMRC; prior to Brexit no UK VAT would have been due, but post Brexit VAT is due at the border per my other post.

I'll repeat that if you want to provide some legal documentation that proves I am wrong, I'd be happy to update my post.

Otherwise, I'll just leave here that I've been a member of this forum since it started, have investigated this matter previously on behalf of the forum members and that I have no interest in whether you make a sale or not. I'm only interested in informing forum members about the legal situation so that they can avoid a massive unexpected tax bill, or a prison sentence.

What you are suggesting here would be, unless you can show otherwise with UK government issued documentation, and as Wayne already said, UK tax evasion, that has been openly admitted to on a public forum.

Last edited:
I import from Poland for my business, usually by the pallet, and agree with JT's posts above - I have to either pre-pay the VAT when importing through a UK importer, pay VAT upon goods entering the country if originating the transportation from Poland side, or pay couriers the due VAT when parcels cross the border... all require full invoices for both goods and transport costs and you have 2 choices - pay the VAT (and charges) and get your goods, or don't pay and don't get the goods. There is no "get a mate to drive it across in his car and don't pay VAT" option.

The point here is that the liability is on the *seller* to effectively declare the VAT due by preparing the customs declaration but liability is on the *buyer* to pay it - sellers can promise what they want, it's the buyer who will be left having to stump up VAT or having his goods sent back or destroyed. Makes no odds whether this is for business or personal use. Unless of course the seller doesn't declare the goods...

Unfortunately you are not in any position to state this, only HMRC will determine this. What value are putting for the machine on your customs declaration paperwork?

[Of course nobody should rely on internet posts to determine their tax liability - all it takes is a simple phone call to HMRC to ask the question, they are always very happy to help (<--- they really are, that's not sarcastic :))]

@msgalaga This is a forum where a lot of people know one another. We try to help each other out be it buying/loaning games, repair advice or helping with spare parts.

The posts above are just members trying to look after one another with advice. Nobody wants to spend £12500 on a pinball machine and then get an additional charge, the members on here are just trying to highlight the risks.

I can only speak personally but there is no way I'd send that kind of money overseas without some very concrete assurances. So perhaps payment on delivery is your best option for making a sale as suggested above.

Last edited:
For 12.5k I want that game personally delivered to my door by @msgalaga and then for him to take me out to dinner!

Guys, read the advert - it already says payment on delivery is possible.
That would still be tax evasion.

And it's being discussed on an open forum :cuckoo:

Assuming the seller successfully broke UK law and negated customs to get it to a buyer's door, I suspect (though I am not sure) that the end buyer would still be treated as party to the tax-evasion crime. If they were to find out, I also suspect that HMRC would seize the machine until the VAT bill was paid, and probably follow that up with prosecution too for collaborating in this quite obvious and publicly planned law-breaking. God knows how long they might retain the power to prosecute, so a buyer would have that hanging over them too.

Frankly this is a ludicrous discussion now though.

I don't have a donkey in this fight (or whatever the saying is!) but there are circumstances where VAT is not due on import. For example, when I moved to the UK from a non-EU country I brought in over £30k worth of stuff (which could have included pins), didn't pay a penny in taxes and that was perfectly legal.

Don't care if this sells or not - my previous post was just pointing out that some commenters hadn't even bothered reading the OP which is poor form imho.

Don't care if this sells or not - my previous post was just pointing out that some commenters hadn't even bothered reading the OP which is poor form imho.

not wishing to be a bellend but actually OP said 'payment on pick up' which you misquoted as 'payment on collection' so technically you didn't read the OP correctly either.. :rofl:🤣

not wishing to be a bellend but actually OP said 'payment on pick up' which you misquoted as 'payment on collection' so technically you didn't read the OP correctly either.. :rofl:🤣
Yeah I assumed that was an artifact of translation... OP's english is still better than my polish though :)

Back
Top Bottom