What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Avatar (will be at NLP) £2600 ono

cooldan

i like pizza
Hi guys,
something's gotta give as the tombstoned games pile up and the bills come in, so i'll be selling the Avatar i'm bringing up to NLP tomorrow. it's currently folded so can't take my usual ****load of pics plus video of it booting up etc, but it was played by several forum members over the summer at my shindig, and no faults known. i was originally gonna get Rudi to customise the bloke in the sunbed to be wearing a Borat mankini and with cucumber slices over his eyes ..... but then i sobered up and got distracted some thing else shiny.

ghfghgfg.gif

Here's a thread of when it was sold a year ago by Chris Brim to Ronsplooter (who i got it from) - it was shopped by Chris B pre-sale (and see here for what it means when he shops a game) - some pics stolen from that thread, as i haven't taken any i'm afraid. i promise it hasn't since been hit with a pickaxe, drop-kicked, run over by a dumper truck, had fireworks set off in it, then set alight and physically abused on waste ground.

priced at £2600 or near offer. trades also entertained. this will be up for play all weekend at NLP, so preference given to someone who could take it away from there.

001.JPG
002.JPG

great fun game, initially underrated by many (me included) until i learned the rules and made a rulesheet for it. if you like your games easy (as i do) then it won't be a keeper for you, but if you like them brutally hard, and kicks your **** 9 games out of 10, then give Avatar a spin. on Avatar, the solid-lit (started) achievements *don't* carry over from ball to ball (as they do on Iron Man and most games), only the flashing (completed) ones do .... though your progress is saved, so it's not as bad as it sounds, you're not back to square one.

this is me trying to play it -
giphy.gif

The lit modes don't carry over on Iron Man either, although I think Avatar may just be the harder game, that Amp target bank is a bastard for instant drains!

Hardest part on this game is getting the Navi light lit. The Amp suit drop bank is best completed via the skillshot when the light is strobing by backhanding the left target from the right flipper :thumbs: Great game, congratulations to whoever got it :)

Also fit a shaker motor, that really brings the game to life too!

I'm enjoying playing Avatar at the moment, as has been said it normally ends up kicking your @rse - until you have that one amazing game when it all comes together and the game goes nuts! :)

@cooldan Thanks for taking the time to produce that rule sheet :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom