What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn/Winter 1994 2nd hand prices.

pintableuser

Registered
5Years
Attached are some price lists of cost and availability of pins and flyers from some 20YEARS ago.
From this may be seen that the hobby has remained fairly stable taking into account other living costs.
Not so many bought NIB in the 1990's,very much like today it was a huge financial commitment...... infact
I don't know of any who bought NIB back then. Maybe today there is more disposable income?
Taking into account the time span,2015 prices don't seem to be all that bad really............ do they?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 38
Huh, interesting. Seems that prices have remained sort of similar. Sys 11 games have gone up a bit but DMD games seem about the same. Although a lot of these are ones on the cheaper end of the scale, didn't see anything like Addams or other highly desirable early/mid 90's DMD games on there (bearing in mind AFM, MM etc had not been released yet). Funny though that all these games have seen 20 years worth of wear and tear and remain roughly the same price.

Also what is that last page where things sold for £3 and £4 etc? Flyers?

I would suggest that pinball prices 20 years ago were more closely tied to their earnings capability in the commercial world. Home gaming experiences (sega mega drive, snes) weren't a patch on what they are now. Hence folk were more willing to drop money in commercial gaming machines

I lived in London 20 years ago. Most bars that I went to, most student unions, and many student halls of residences had pinballs back then.

As pinballs have limited commercial appeal nowadays, I think the drivers of value are totally different.

Huh, interesting. Seems that prices have remained sort of similar. Sys 11 games have gone up a bit but DMD games seem about the same. Although a lot of these are ones on the cheaper end of the scale, didn't see anything like Addams or other highly desirable early/mid 90's DMD games on there (bearing in mind AFM, MM etc had not been released yet). Funny though that all these games have seen 20 years worth of wear and tear and remain roughly the same price.

Also what is that last page where things sold for £3 and £4 etc? Flyers?

TAF on there £1500 unshopped

Bear in mind these are dealer prices - secondhand private prices would have been a lot lower. I had a list somewhere of 2nd hand machines for sale late 90s and iirc TAFs, TZs etc were all less than 500

All the top early 90s DMDs ( TAF, TZ, WH20 etc) are on the second page. :)

I'm going to send them a fax to see if they've still got the SI for £300

Bear in mind these are dealer prices - secondhand private prices would have been a lot lower.

I was just about to say the same thing. If you compare the prices to Liberty Games or someone similar it would probably be a fairer comparison.

I was just about to say the same thing. If you compare the prices to Liberty Games or someone similar it would probably be a fairer comparison.

Liberty games have been around since 1989............. anyone got another second hand price lists from anytime?????..... or from any another trader for that matter.

Grizz is correct in that in the late 90's pin prices took a dip as the operators offloaded pins in favour of popular video s........ this was a very memorable time for pinheads with many
ordinary citizens finding a space for machines and starting on the slippery slope of pin ownership. There are many awsome tales from then.... which I'm suresomeone could would make an interesting thread.

So just now what would be really helpful would be other price lists from traders whichwould make a good historic reference.

The first person I knew to have what's now known as a 'HUO' pinball (a Black Knight) was one of the partners at the small operator I once worked for, but does that count, being 'in the trade'?

Last edited:
The first person I knew to have what's now known as a 'HUO' pinball (a Black Knight) was one of the partners at the small operator I once worked for, but does that count, being 'in the trade'?

Thats what I call an operator with benefits .......Some had a jukebox in the lounge,,,,,a couple of bandits in the hall........ and a pinball by the pooltable........ or if you were short on storage maybe multiply the units by five.

Progressing my tidy-up I found this interesting Dutch price list Its about circa 1997 (Approx 2 Guilders = 1 euro)

Trade Second hand pin prices after this appear to have taken the POA route....." Price on application" = price is flexible as the mood of the seller when he answers your call.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom