What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Aug 29, 2014] UK Pinball Party (Daventry Court Hotel)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
I thought I'd add this as people will be planning the year ahead for their summer holidays etc.

@Andy Heighway has said no announcement yet but the dates are likely to be 29th-31st August 2014

If you're on the Yahoo group that message is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ukpinball/conversations/messages/131184

Website normally found at:
www.ukpinballparty.com

This is not Bank Holiday weekend - that is the weekend before.

The Pinball Open competition has been nominated as one of the rounds for the IFPA european series, so expect a BIG influx of foriegn competitors...
http://www.ifpapinball.com/2014-ifpa-european-championship-series-kicks-off-at-dutch-pinball-masters

Unfortunately the summer to me means get outside and enjoy it while you can - a weekend cooped up inside playing pinball is a winter pursuit - which is why I rarely make the August show, timing all wrong for me.

Never been before, would like to go, but in agreement with you. Longer days and relatively warmer weather - make the most of it.

does anyone know when they usually make show tickets available for purchase as i have booked the hotel a while ago and don't want to be stuck without a show to go to!

Wow. The Daventry Court Hotel is now fully booked on Saturday 30th August. It looks as though the new owners have cottoned-on to the popularity of the event because the prices for Friday 29th and Saturday 30th are more than double that of any other weekend in August. Checking back in my email I also note that I only paid £75 for a double room on Saturday last year.

Mmm...

DaventryCourtAugust2014.png

Be nice to know if theres actually going to be a show then we can start looking elsewhere for rooms. Andy normally does a large group booking so if he hasn't yet and its fully booked it isn't looking good!

Has Andy not already blocked booked that weekend ?
Maybe that's why there are no rooms available.

Has Andy not already blocked booked that weekend ?
Maybe that's why there are no rooms available.

Decided to go straight to the source and contacted the hotel to find out what they knew about that weekend. Here's their reply fresh out of my inbox at 07:26 this morning:

Hi Mr Duerden,

Thank you for your enquiry in reference to this years UK Pinball Party. I can confirm that the event will once again be taking place at Daventry Court Hotel, and bedrooms for this should be booked with Andrew Heighway the main organiser in order for you to gain the preferential Bed and Breakfast rate agreed.

You can see details on the UK Pinball Party website – www.ukpinballparty.com

We hope we can look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel for this event in August.

Kind regards,

Laura Goodland Senior Events ManagerDaventry Court Hotel Sedgemoor Way | Daventry | Northamptonshire | NN11 0SG T: (+44) 01327 307006 | F: (+44) 01327 706313

good to hear that it is going ahead, but if they think people will fall for a doubled price they may be in for a nasty surprise. i'm not paying £120 a night, they can stick that up their japseye, i'll stay somewhere else and commute in. if someone identifies a cheap and not too far away place, we can all stay there. who's with me?

It won't be £120 a night if its a block booking.

I do know one thing though, I'm not bothering with the meal this year, waiting for the food to come out was a complete farce and it was barely warm when they eventually did.

I guess we'll have to wait an see what Andy H offers. Must be quite a thing to block-book a hotel such that they no longer have any availability so far in advance. It would have been nice to have had an answer to my question as to why Friday 29th is "from £122" whereas the other Fridays in August are only £54/55? I don't recall the exact price but Saturday also had this level of premium a month or two ago.

Searching on booking.com there's not a lot of availability nearby that weekend. Cheapest appears to be the budget ibis Rubgy East for £45 (or £55 unrestricted change, cancellation and pay later) but it's 7 miles away. Fine for me, I'm over 100 miles away anyway, but then you can't spend all day sinking a few beers or would need a cab ride back.

Relax young Jedi ,I'm sure andy h will have agreed a suitable price for a weekend pas ,inc hotel and entrance to show I booked a double room,full fri ,sat and sun pass for show and the meal for 2 of us and I'm sure it was just under £300 that ain't bad!!!!

It won't be £120 a night if its a block booking.

I do know one thing though, I'm not bothering with the meal this year, waiting for the food to come out was a complete farce and it was barely warm when they eventually did.

Yeah, the food is ****. Made that mistake once, never again.

last year a load of folk went to a load of different places (i ended up with Matt V and Wizcat Paul and Andre and Geoff Calimori and the Raisons in a curry house) then everyone went back to play from 11pm til late - i left at 2am - and i remember John W was all jealous and kept texting to ask what was happening. in the end i think he abandoned the meal at about 11:30 to come and play pinball instead. he still hadn't had his main course if i remember right @johnwhitfield ?

Last edited:
Sounds about right, i put forward the motion for Saturday Curry Night.

All in favor say 'Aye' ;)

Aye! Did the meal last year can't say I'd want to repeat the experience. To be diplomatic I'd say that it wasn't really worth the money....... Think I made it through to the mains but did a runner before the main speaker......

Me and my mate popped into town to grab some cold beers from an off-license after the days play ended on Saturday evening and ended up getting a takeaway from the New Shahi Lounge curry house at the end of the High Street (No.74). It was utterly delicious, best I've had in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom