What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Aug 21, 2015] 2015 UK Pinball Party - Official Thread (Merthyr Tydfil)

Heighway Pinball

Registered
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the late posting of this event.

We decided it was time for a change this year. The Daventry Court Hotel is looking very tired and is badly in need of a revamp.

Let's not even get started on the food and the slurry they dealt up last year.

So, we decided to have a complete change and re-boot for this year. As far as we are aware, we are the first pinball manufacturer to have a showcase pinball show at its factory.

We have a lot planned for this year - please visit www.ukpinballparty.com for all the details.

We really need your help in providing tables again for this year. In many circumstances we can collect large numbers of machines in our 7.5 tonne truck - weeks in advance, if necessary - and drop them back after the show. We can also offer free pinball storage for months if anyone is looking to create some extra space for a while

So, this is how the financials will work ...

3-5 machines £200 van hire grant + fuel receipts from start to venue and back
6-10 machines £275 van hire grant + fuel receipts from start to venue and back
11-15+ machines £350 van hire grant + fuel receipts from start to venue and back

ALSO ... everyone who provides a machine gets a free entry pass for the weekend

Please email your machine pledges to andrew@ukpinballparty.com

We all know that numbers of machines have been dwindling each year. I am doing everything in my power to incentivise this for the true stars of the Party - the people who bring, or allow to be brought, their machines

We have 50 hotel rooms reserved at a discounted rate. They are currently only available as 'Show Specials'. If machine providers need accommodation then email oti@heighwaypinball.com and we will allocate rooms to them as a priority. Rooms will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - and will sell out fast - so please don't leave it too late to book.

There are other hotels and B&Bs available in the area, and towards Cardiff. To help people get to and from the venue who don't want to bring their cars, we are providing a free and regular shuttle service between the venue, Merthyr rail and bus stations and the Castle/Tregenna/Premier Inn/Travelodge hotels

We aim to have 100+ pinball machines & video games. There will be factory tours, hot and cold food, a licensed bar, the UK Pinball Open, Team, Classic and Kids tournaments ... and more

This year's annual UK Pinball Group Dinnerf takes on a new format too - a sumptuous sit-down hog roast with all the trimmings! (vegetarian options too). We'll have another special guest for the weekend - to be announced closer to the Party. After dinner, we'll have a late night pinball session on Saturday night from 11.30pm - 3am for dinner guests, organisers and machine providers.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you in August.

Andrew

sounds good, well done for adding the free entry for game providers, and free shuttle buses for all - these will both be very popular and well-received i reckon. any plans for show special prices on the rooms for people who don't want to do the sit down meal?

omg cant beleive i only have to drive for a hour this year,was looking forward to a nice two and a half hour sweaty bum drive ,nice 1 andy, with all your commitments its nice to see you are still doing the pinball party. I hope you can get alien somewhere near up and running for the party it will make my weekend.

It sounds EPIC! Gutted I can't make Friday or Saturday as I'm on holiday but will do my utmost to get there on Sunday. How much do I wanna be in on the Saturday night lock-in?

Anyone making the trip down from Scotland? I will be heading down on Friday 21st leaving from Stirling. At the moment looks like I will be traveling down myself, so if you fancy a lift give me a shout!
Looks like its going to be a great event!!! cant wait !!!

Anyone making the trip down from Scotland? I will be heading down on Friday 21st leaving from Stirling. At the moment looks like I will be traveling down myself, so if you fancy a lift give me a shout!
Looks like its going to be a great event!!! cant wait !!!

Now that is commitment!

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the late posting of this event.

We decided it was time for a change this year. The Daventry Court Hotel is looking very tired and is badly in need of a revamp.

Let's not even get started on the food and the slurry they dealt up last year.

So, we decided to have a complete change and re-boot for this year. As far as we are aware, we are the first pinball manufacturer to have a showcase pinball show at its factory.

We have a lot planned for this year - please visit www.ukpinballparty.com for all the details.

We really need your help in providing tables again for this year. In many circumstances we can collect large numbers of machines in our 7.5 tonne truck - weeks in advance, if necessary - and drop them back after the show. We can also offer free pinball storage for months if anyone is looking to create some extra space for a while

11-15+ machines £350 van hire grant + fuel receipts from start to venue and back

We all know that numbers of machines have been dwindling each year. I am doing everything in my power to incentivise this for the true stars of the Party - the people who bring, or allow to be brought, their machines

We have 50 hotel rooms reserved at a discounted rate. They are currently only available as 'Show Specials'. If machine providers need accommodation then email oti@heighwaypinball.com and we will allocate rooms to them as a priority. Rooms will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - and will sell out fast - so please don't leave it too late to book.

There are other hotels and B&Bs available in the area, and towards Cardiff. To help people get to and from the venue who don't want to bring their cars, we are providing a free and regular shuttle service between the venue, Merthyr rail and bus stations and the Castle/Tregenna/Premier Inn/Travelodge hotels

We aim to have 100+ pinball machines & video games. There will be factory tours, hot and cold food, a licensed bar, the UK Pinball Open, Team, Classic and Kids tournaments ... and more

This year's annual UK Pinball Group Dinnerf takes on a new format too - a sumptuous sit-down hog roast with all the trimmings! (vegetarian options too). We'll have another special guest for the weekend - to be announced closer to the Party. After dinner, we'll have a late night pinball session on Saturday night from 11.30pm - 3am for dinner guests, organisers and machine providers.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you in August.

Andrew
very tempting but a long way for me - can you give me details of the hotel deal etc as I would be bringing a pin if I come ?

Cheers Kev

hey Andy,

i just found out i can definitely come this year - which is good, as i already booked a room and entered the comp - but due to work commitments i won't be able to leave London til 7 so i won't get to you until 10pm at least. the reason i'm telling you is that i will bring a van with 3 or possibly 4 games in it. will that be ok, not arriving til late Friday, will i be able to unload them very late Friday or very early Saturday? how do i go about getting the van hire grant and petrol money from you, when i won't have the return receipts - or do i fill up locally and you just pay double the one way fuel costs?

i may therefore be able to offer a lift to someone on my route between West London and Merthyr Tydfil.

oh, and i see you're in Russia from your flag - congrats on your recent wedding :)
Dan

I'll be bringing 5, Dave W and I sharing a van. That is if I can get confirmation from Andy that he will pay the £320 which is the best price for a Luton with tail lift around here.

Nice one Dan, not actually played a real TOTAN before so looking forward to that!

Not played sopranos before. Looking forward to a game.

Back
Top Bottom