What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astro City Amusements (Southend-on-Sea)

Another update: After another visit today SF2 is good to go (after 2 months on and off chasing issues out the game) there's still a bit more work to go still but what an improvement so far. Paul has also bought a lovely Monopoly which I checked over today and will be fully LEDing on my next visit to the arcade. If anyone from here visits please let me know if you have any issues with the machines as that's the only way I will ever know if there's something wrong with them! More to come very soon!

Last edited:
Top work James! It seems wherever there is a SF2 you blokes aren't far behind..
Thanks buddy, this one had more issues than any machine I have ever seen. There's still one or 2 switches I'm not happy with but thanks to gottlieb's fantastic "smart switch" they're impossible to adjust/fix. Need to look into finding replacements for them.

I would definitely turn up to some sort of meet at this place if one is arranged. I would probably go to a monthly event too.

Update time: Astro City is the new home of my JunkYard which is on loan to them for as long as I'm out of space! Go along and have a few flips!

P.S. the GI lighting on SF2 will be back soon, slowly getting to the bottom of a very irritating short.
IMG_20190512_162208.jpg

IMG_20190512_162246.jpg

Hope to try out Astro city at the end of May at their Friday night free play session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for another update, Junkyard has been replaced with my restored Jackbot and we FINALLY have working GI on SF2 (Paul pushed the boat out and let me add LEDs in the GI and backbox) as it was looking very dim compared to Jackbot!

As it stands Jokerz, Monopoly, Street fighter 2 and Jackbot are all on freeplay (£5 entry Friday and Saturday nights) The owner mentioned to me the possibility of him getting 2 more pins down the road so keep an eye out.
IMG_20190903_154355~2.jpg
IMG_20190917_160050.jpg
IMG_20190917_165144~2.jpg
IMG_20190917_165126~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom