What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Stern PinLED displays really this flaky ??

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
In the last couple months my display in the Rolling Stones has developed 4 or 5 missing dots, and now tonight a line is locked on !?!

WTF ? This thing is like 5 years old, should it be cr*pping out already ? :mad::(

Any advice appreciated.

Stick a Colour DMD in, may be 3 times the price of a used Pinled but I bet it will last a lot longer. And no doubt all the modern Sterns will get colour code support sooner or later.

Have to agree with @mark9 here. Those ****ing LED displays are awful. Every one I have ever had developed problems. ColorDMD is bloody expensive of course but at least you won't get a new dead spot every week.

Have to agree with @mark9 here. Those ****ing LED displays are awful. Every one I have ever had developed problems. ColorDMD is bloody expensive of course but at least you won't get a new dead spot every week.

:(

So expensive ...Tommy be getting ColorDMD first though , Jagger can kiss my **** ... bloody prancing t*t...I blame him :rofl:

:(

So expensive ...Tommy be getting ColorDMD first though , Jagger can kiss my **** ... bloody prancing t*t...I blame him :rofl:

I know Dude. Its a painful price. If you need to buy a new display anyway then it's a lot easier to justify. But if yours is repairable then just stick with it I guess.

Put a Dr Pinball screen in will work out cheaper than the Stern one and you can choose any colour or multiple colours.
I have them installed in my Sterns and am very happy with them.

Yeah I have to say colour DMD are way too expensive for me. I like Dr Pin's solution which is half the price, and you can add some colour by altering the pallets.

I've seen quite a few Dr Pinball displays in the North West now and they do a good job for the money

They are really poor i have scraped 2 now to be able to repair others you can buy new panels but the colour match is shocking and they are pretty tricky to repair
dr pinball
color dmd
x pin

Phil at PH told me the locked on lines are caused by the dot(s) that are out, if you can replace the 16x16 segment that has the faulty dot (they are easy to swap out) should fix the whole problem. Phil might have a few segments from old boards lying around...

Back
Top Bottom