What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcains Liverpool

jake52

Site Supporter
Alias
Ste
Has anyone checked out Arcains at Cain's Brewery yet? Thinking of taking the kids over half term and wondered if it's worth the trip. Seems to follow the Arcade club free play model and they have some pins.

Went today, really enjoyed it. Doesn't have the charm of Arcade Club and more importantly for you lot the pins are not on free play, but the good news is that means they were all in decent condition. The biggest bonus is it's only a small walk to the docks and into the city so ticked quite few boxes for us as a family today for a day out.

Beatles, Deadpool pro, Circus Voltaire, No Fear, Terminator 2 and 3. I think that's it.

Hmm., train tickets from £18 return, that looks like a good enough reason for a day trip sometime this summer.

Arcains was a pinball disappointment …… couldn’t hear the games …… Speaker music being played etc

I was also under the impression that they were on Free Play however they are not and after paying £16 entrance fee (£10 Mon- Thur) you still have to feed the pinball machines coins, £1 a game or £2 for 3 games

I didn’t find a Circus Voltaire but there is a Dirty Harry along with Terminator 2 & 3, No Fear, Deadpool Pro and Beatles Gold

BA7C0AFA-550D-43C5-B746-1EB7E655AD86.jpeg

The Beatles is a good game, I am sure it is even better with sound 🤣

Re Free Play …… I should have reread your post @jake52 …… I was misled by the Arcains website Frequently Asked Questions

https://www.arcains.co.uk/

View attachment 102688

It certainly doesn't say on there that pinball costs more than the entrance fee to play. Bit odd having normal pricing after charging an entrance fee. Could understand if they did it with just the Beatles as it will take sometime to recoup what its cost them to buy.

Arcains was a pinball disappointment …… couldn’t hear the games …… Speaker music being played etc

I was also under the impression that they were on Free Play however they are not and after paying £16 entrance fee (£10 Mon- Thur) you still have to feed the pinball machines coins, £1 a game or £2 for 3 games

I didn’t find a Circus Voltaire but there is a Dirty Harry along with Terminator 2 & 3, No Fear, Deadpool Pro and Beatles Gold

View attachment 102687

The Beatles is a good game, I am sure it is even better with sound 🤣
That's a bit naughty. Heading to Liverpool in June and was going to pop in as I saw the same message on their website as you, no mention of paying for pins.

It's worth complaining, it may be illegal to state that something is free that turns out not to be the case!

It’s just not possible to have pins on free play as they just get hammered look at arcade club you all moan about the state of the pins but this is exactly why but I do agree if it says everything is free then everything should be free

It’s just not possible to have pins on free play as they just get hammered look at arcade club you all moan about the state of the pins but this is exactly why but I do agree if it says everything is free then everything should be free

Wouldn't a lower per game price work the same - any charge will deter some, so say 50p a game or £1 for 3 (after paying the entrance fee)?

I took my family to Arcains Liverpool yesterday (lucky girls eh!?).

Pinball machines were free play - Deadpool (fab), Beatles (meh), No Fear (fun game), Dirty Harry (not working), Terminator 3 (good fun) and Terminator 2 (not working).

Agree it would have been much better if audio. Was louder… couldn’t really hear them - there’s a huge pac man nearby which drowns out the pinball audio.

There was extra charge for some arcade games - air hockey, basket ball and PC gaming.

Many, many video arcade games - vast majority remakes in generic cabinets. Quite a few with sloppy controls which was disappointing.

£12 entrance fee which is good all day (11pm close). Overall - I thought it was decent value.

Back
Top Bottom