What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcade Attack - Silver Heroes vs. Video Invaders

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
In my usual travels around the internet I came across an interesting vid of the pinball and video game scene in the UK in the 80's (82 the video title states) and just thought I would share, although I am sure many of you have seen it before (maybe some of you are in it?). Being a youngster it was quite interesting to see the collecting scene in this era and the arcades (It even features a laughing clown at the beggining special for @Fintan Stack!). Anyway part 1 and 2 is here:

Part 1
Part 2

Enjoy!

That is actually a laughing sailor. Not quite as cool as the clowns but still great!

Nice find. I haven't seen this before. I'll look forward to watching the whole thing later.

Great flick from the 80's, that guy puts my Defender skills to shame :oops:
Very nice collection of pins together as well.
The second half of part two goes a bit strange like the director was experimenting with narcotics :rofl:

Yeah I thought it was really interesting, honestly I put the links up before I had finished watching. I was just as surprised as you lot when that funky 80's animation started playing. Bit surreal but I thought it was pretty cool. It had some cool moments, that chap who had the custom pin in his house that was all done like he was a rocker (although he got fried by the space invader!) and the way they dealt with the talking machines by making little animations of Gorgar and Algar was a pretty cool thing the editors did. I thought it was cool as well to see no DMD's as they obviously hadn't been invented yet!

Back
Top Bottom