What's new

Arcade Attack - Silver Heroes vs. Video Invaders

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
In my usual travels around the internet I came across an interesting vid of the pinball and video game scene in the UK in the 80's (82 the video title states) and just thought I would share, although I am sure many of you have seen it before (maybe some of you are in it?). Being a youngster it was quite interesting to see the collecting scene in this era and the arcades (It even features a laughing clown at the beggining special for @Fintan Stack!). Anyway part 1 and 2 is here:

Part 1
Part 2

Enjoy!

That is actually a laughing sailor. Not quite as cool as the clowns but still great!

Nice find. I haven't seen this before. I'll look forward to watching the whole thing later.

Great flick from the 80's, that guy puts my Defender skills to shame :oops:
Very nice collection of pins together as well.
The second half of part two goes a bit strange like the director was experimenting with narcotics :rofl:

Yeah I thought it was really interesting, honestly I put the links up before I had finished watching. I was just as surprised as you lot when that funky 80's animation started playing. Bit surreal but I thought it was pretty cool. It had some cool moments, that chap who had the custom pin in his house that was all done like he was a rocker (although he got fried by the space invader!) and the way they dealt with the talking machines by making little animations of Gorgar and Algar was a pretty cool thing the editors did. I thought it was cool as well to see no DMD's as they obviously hadn't been invented yet!

Back
Top Bottom