What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Apr 5, 2014] Special When Lit Social Meet & 4th League Meet (Salisbury)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The next Special When Lit Social Meet will be on Saturday 5th April.

Special When Lit will be open from 1pm and all machines will be available for freeplay and league practice. The league competition will start at 2.30 pm. Everyone can play until the league starts at 2.30 pm, anyone not wishing to play in the league can use the remaining tables whilst the league plays on a randomly selected 6. The league games will probably finish around 5pm and we normally shut around 6pm. Games change on an ad hoc basis and are subject to serviceability and change.

We hope to have the following machines available to play:
Attack From Mars
Cactus Canyon
Circus Voltaire
Class of 1812
Congo
Fire Mountain
Genesis
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Monster Bash
No Fear
Pink Panther
Road Show
Spirit
Terminator 2
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre of Magic
Tron: Legacy
Twilight Zone (third magnet installed)
World Challenge Soccer
X-Men Pro

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury, SP2 7NS.

The usual admission fees apply (£5 adults, £3 for children aged 14 and younger when accompanied by an adult, free for under 8's) and all machines are on freeplay.

Last edited:
A quick reminder that it's happening this Saturday...! :thumbs:

I don't think CC continued is up to tournament play (too many bug's and lack of ball searches) so I've asked the owner if it's possible to revert the code back to latest ROM code. :rolleyes:

Planning to be there for my first ever pinball 'event' (with possibly 1 or more family members in tow, depending on how the 'sights' of Salisbury are going!)

Happening later on today...

TSPP is in doubt thanks to spotting a knackered couch ball lock end stop last thing last night.
Class of 1812 also in doubt thanks to ignoring button presses last night. Going to try and re-seat connectors to get it going.

I've also been asked to remind people that we now have canned drinks (Cola, Tizer and Orange Fanta 50p) and chocolate (mars bars or maltesers 55p & fredo bars 20p) for sale. There will be the usual hot and cold nibbles available along with tea, coffee and water FOC. There is no restriction on bringing your own drink and food which may be consumed on the premises.

I look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon! :thumbs:

Another great meet, thank you for everyone who showed up! :D

It was good to see that Nick @Nickbs brought the rest of the family with him! :thumbs:

Congratulations to Craig @roadshow16 on his win, plus a special mention for his absolutely stonking game on X-men which saw him installed as new Grand Champion for 303 Million points! :clap: The next best was 61M... :eek:

The results are as follows:

1 Craig Pullen
2 David Mainwaring
3 Philip Mann
4 Peter Blakemore
5 Ivan Miles
6 Greg Mott
7 Dan Williams
7 Andrew Wilson
9 Helmut Langenbruch
10 Emma Oliver
11 Levi Banks
12 Nick Hill
13 Elliott Miles
14 Ashley Oliver
15 Tim Slow
16 Chris Glazier
17 Nick Baxter-Sibey
18 Hilary Hector
19 Jake Hughes
20 Zoe Baxter-Sibey
21 Marion Baxter-Sibey
22 Kelsey Baxter-Sibey

Last edited:
Great first event to attend - thanks for all organising, welcome & hospitality!
Great to meet such a friendly bunch.

The family all had a great time and are promising (threatening?) to attend again..... Having had a bit more practice on the Indy500 & watched @roadshow16 's excellent videos first. Watch out world!!!

Thanks again Peter, another great event. Also well played to David, some super consistent play and if it wasn't for my last game on Xmen it would have been a win

Oh and I forgot to say Congratulations to Craig on winning the Special When Lit league for the first time, wrapping the title up after only 4 meets was some going! :clap:

Oh and I forgot to say Congratulations to Craig on winning the Special When Lit league for the first time, wrapping the title up after only 4 meets was some going! :clap:
Yeah congrats to Craig for winning the league overall, awesome score on X-men and well played to David and Phil Mann who were very close to beating Craig on the day.

Thanks as ever to Peter and Moira for hosting.

Back
Top Bottom