What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apollo 13 cabinet level

arakissun

Registered
I have problem with ball trough mechanism from the begin when I have the machine.3-4 years and always was thinking that the problem is from the rollover switches because the were not original and the balls go trough little bit more hard.
But these days had a chance to have brand new and more soft Chery switches compared with these that were on the machine.
So I replaced all of them but the problem still stay the same-Not every game but form let's say 10 games at 2-3 the first ball stuck somehow before it go trough to be kick from the kicker.The claw move of course but the ball stuck somehow very close to the claw.So I must open the coindoor and to roll back all the balls and at this situation the machine just end the ball.
I was thinking that may be the claw have soften spring and it moves much faster and the first ball just cannot go trough.Put much hard spring but effect was minimal.All coils are original and working.No hacks on the mechanism,everything is like should be.
No I think that the level of the machine is not so right compared with my WMS machines.

What is the normal or optimal high at the back and front?
I think and my front legs are not right too.They are much tall than the back and don't have the yellow sticker inside them.I know all SEGA have this.
Are front and back legs must have same long when they are detached ,I mean only the metal parts without the leveler?
And of course could this be the reason if the angle is too big and this thing somehow force the ball to stuck.
I made these measurement and you can see the difference.

Attachments

• P80427-092718 copy.jpg
    P80427-092718 copy.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P80427-092743 copy.jpg
    P80427-092743 copy.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P80427-092853.jpg
    P80427-092853.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P80427-092910.jpg
    P80427-092910.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
  • P80427-092957 copy.jpg
    P80427-092957 copy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 6
My A13 is 50cm at the front and 61cm at the back, this is with the levelling feet screwed in most of the way, so I could increase these dimensions by a few cm's. Incidentally the backbox top of my A13 sits about 4cm higher than the TAF to one side and TSPP to the other.

I also had a ball trough issue, where after an hour or so of being powered on the opto's on the ball trough would get weak to the point it would think there was a ball to be ejected and would sit there cycling the solenoid. I changed the emitter and that cured it, also changed the receiver for good measure.

Good luck.

Regards,

Chris.

I just removed these optos(had problems with them before) and put a switch like later DE style mecahnism.
Also from the manual and for perfect angle it need only the legs to be original and the leg levelers to be turned all the way in.This guarantee 6.5 degree for normal working.
Of course if need to be center (mean if the floor is not perfect) must be done buy the used.
I will try this first.

I think I fixed it.Or at least for now.
Put the right legs and leveled it right shoud be.
And rise it from back for faster gameplay.
And the most important-replaced the through metal plate were the balls roll.Used one from TOMMY.It's 99% same just two holes on different places,no problem.
Played several games even completed master mode.For now it's good.

Back
Top Bottom