What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone touched up Tommy?

Anyone had any luck using the Valspar paint centres in B&Q ? They have a big wall of little colour match cards ...you can take away a couple of dozen and see if you get a match. They also have a computer attachment that can 'read' the colour of an object with a scanner. Clearly wheeling the cab in to B&Q to be scanned is not an option but I took my apron in and got them to scan the unfaded underside. Not 100% successful and in the end went with the colour match cards. They do a 'sample pot' which is about 1/4 pint for a couple of quid.
They are pretty good.
I have mentioned before on here that I work with prosthetic limbs. We had an order for a mid brown hand to match a forearm. I took the arm into B&Q and they colour matched it nigh on perfect.
It is extremely difficult to get a perfect match because of the sheen of different paints. The colours could match perfectly but look slightly different to the eye because of how they are reflecting light.

Back
Top Bottom