What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Anyone selling a The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings?

Had a skill post version once. Disabled them in the software, removed the buttons and covered with lollipop side rails. No issues with owning one, think its a bit pedantic people demanding a non post one, plus you get 3 extra coils if needed elsewhere 🤣

Had a skill post version once. Disabled them in the software, removed the buttons and covered with lollipop side rails. No issues with owning one, think its a bit pedantic people demanding a non post one, plus you get 3 extra coils if needed elsewhere 🤣
To be fair, this was me trying to source the nicest possible version for someone else (who subsequently told me not to bother). So, possibly not the best example of ‘unreasonable skillpost requests’.

I do wish I hadn’t mentioned skillposts in retrospect, as I’ve now started a skillpost thread (albeit high-quality than usual) :)

I think it's a good discussion, and think I've been converted to not minding one with skill posts now. I do want a Simpsons Pinball Party at some point so may have to consider one with skill posts.
It will be very difficult to get one without, the UK version of that game all had skill posts, if you managed to find one without it would be an import.

I think it's a good discussion, and think I've been converted to not minding one with skill posts now. I do want a Simpsons Pinball Party at some point so may have to consider one with skill posts.

Ultimately I forgot all about them and it didn't spoil the gameplay at all. Clearly if you wanted a museum piece and perfect restoration then no skill posts is better but if you just want to enjoy the game, shots and rules it really doesn't matter.

What's the difference price wise on a skill post machine vs a non-skill post one?

For example, Simpsons Pinball Party, lets say. good playfield, faded cab (as they all are), fully working....

No skill posts - ?
With skill posts - ?

Does it add hundreds to the price if it doesn't have them? Or do most folk not actually care? Personally I have a TSPP without skill posts but I bought it as the playfield was ok. The skill post thing never really factored into it.

And as the OP isn't looking for a Hobbit anymore, TSPP will happily leave me for a Hobbit :p

Last edited:
What's the difference price wise on a skill post machine vs a non-skill post one?

For example, Simpsons Pinball Party, lets say. good playfield, faded cab (as they all are), fully working....

No skill posts - ?
With skill posts - ?

Does it add hundreds to the price if it doesn't have them? Or do most folk not actually care? Personally I have a TSPP without skill posts but I bought it as the playfield was ok. The skill post thing never really factored into it.

And as the OP isn't looking for a Hobbit anymore, TSPP will happily leave me for a Hobbit :p
Depends who's buying it, most of the games without skill posts would be grey imports except the later run LOTR, there might be one of two others that I'm not aware of.
So if it was for the UK market they all had skill posts.
Personally I don't understand the fuss, some games like T3 are better with them.

I've got a skill post version which has been routed, but very nice playfield. Will be putting it up in next week or so. May yet be an affordable LOTR.

Done that. I can see that 'Expired' might be confusing :)
Not confusing at all - Expired means that there's been no activity (it specifically says this). Found it means that you are no longer looking.

Happy to clear that up for you.

To me 'Found it' means you have found it. 'Expired' means you are no longer looking for one.
Yes, that’s what I thought too... :)

Not sure whether it’s better for the occasional person to ask if I want to buy a Lord of the Rings when I’m not currently looking, or to contact me asking if the Lord of the Rings that I ‘Found’ might be for sale. Probably the former, as I might be open to buying another at some point, but I can’t sell something I don’t have!

I’m not looking anymore, but I think @Gonzo might be (?) :)

Thanks Vee, cheers for thinking of me.

I am indeed looking for a LOTR. Probably a couple of months too soon for me though . . . . it's definitely next on the list but will be a March purchase I think.

Back
Top Bottom