What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone replaced the main ramp on TAF?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Thinking about getting the clear ramp for my TAF. I'm not really one for too much tinkering when it comes to pins so am wondering how tricky a job it is? Anything I should know before picking it up?

I'd agree, it's pretty straight forward and not too complicated. You'll be doing WH20 before you know it :)

Cheers guys. Sounds do-able. I've managed to LED and re-rubber it. Plus I had to take the back box off to get it upstairs which was a bit intimidating. I'm getting slightly more confident at tinkering...

Worth getting Judge Dreads topper light mod and upper playfield light. Swamp light too. Undercab light. All the lights mods actually.

If you get stuck plenty of TAF owners on here to help you out.
And while you have the ramp out the way what a better excuse to give the playfield a clean and wax round the orbit. :thumbs:

Makes me laugh when I have people playing mine and they send it round the left orbit but if it's waxed it doesn't half shift. Goes that fast you miss it with the upper right flipper and drains at warp speed....Then they do it again on the next ball, lol

Yep. Replaced old smokey on mine. The clear just looks so much better.

Easy enough. Only slight issue I had was it being a very tight fit in a couple of places, due to the thicker stronger plastic it's made of I think it is ever so slightly bigger.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting the clear ramp for my TAF. I'm not really one for too much tinkering when it comes to pins so am wondering how tricky a job it is? Anything I should know before picking it up?
Out of interest (if I may be so bold) how much is the ramp costing ?
Are you talking about the clear plastic ramp that takes up much of the upper left side of the playfield ?

Out of interest (if I may be so bold) how much is the ramp costing ?
Are you talking about the clear plastic ramp that takes up much of the upper left side of the playfield ?

Yes only one ramp. You can buy a clear replacement (as opposed to the smokey looking original). It's about 140 quid from Pinball Heaven

I've weighed this job up tonight (as a complete novice) and it's a task I'm going to tackle before long because there's a noticeable repair to the plastic at the top. I wish you well. Please post any tips :)

Back
Top Bottom