What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone moved a pin in a Vauxhall Zafira?

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I'm looking to change my car to something that will take a pin with ease. Zafira's are plentiful and seem to have loads of space but looking at one yesterday it seems the 2nd row of seats would be a PITA, they dont fold flat to the floor like the rear seats, sticking up about 8" above the floor when folded down. Sliding these right forward leaves only 51" for a pin, cabs are approx 52" in length without the shooter. The seats arent designed to be removed with ease and without tools so not something you would want to do very often. You could lift the front of the pin up onto the folded down seats but obviously not ideal.

Anyone have/had one?

Cheers

Kev

We have the new model (its a 2015 but not sure when they changed) I have moved sevral pins in it

only one that i had a problem with was rocky and bullwinkle which required the lifting you mention, its not a lot of hassle though. I also thought if i had one of these as my car I would have a bolck of wood that I would drop into the gap when i folded the seats. the block of wood would have the top edge cut at an angle on it allowing pins to be pushed into it and up and over onto the seat backs (if that makes sense) of course then you would have no where to put your parcel curtain but hardly a big issue..

other thought was cut a sheet of plywood to fit, lie it from the boot over the seat backs when folded, would do the same job but would be harder to store when not being used. the company one has a boot carpet that unfolds when the seats are lowered but it really only to stop stuff rolling down between the seats

Also really comfortable car, was quiet impressed with it as im not usually a fan of vauxhalls..

Nope wasnt even close to being tight, I slid the R&B machine up much further than i needed to and there was still a good foot or more before you would hit the drivers seat (im about 6'3" so the seats pushed well back)

When I was moving the pins I had room to put the trolley up the side without folding it and even had a 32" tv up the other side on one trip so loads of space, unlike the Skoda octavia which look massive but has a low roof and boot opening making it a bit of a chore. it has the same seat arrangement but TAF caught on the boot opening stopping you lifting the front up onto the backs of the solded seats. Didnt help that it was in the middle of a monsoon when we were collecting TAF

Perhaps the one I measured yesterday was an old model ( 56 I think ), seats fully forward left 51" on the flat bed. Even if a pin would cram in there it definitely would have been pinned between the tailgate and the folded down seat.

I've had a "54" plate 1.6L Zafira for the last 4 years & it very comfortably fits every pin I've tried to move in it - no issues whatsoever with length (or any other dimension) on any pin...in fact it's the easiest vehicle I've used for shifting pins with.

Regards,
Dan.

I had a 55 plate and all the pins I moved fitted fine. The trick is not folding down the backs of the middle row. The bench part of the seat (the bit you sit on) raises up vertical, *then* you slide the row of seats forward. The middle row then butts right up against the front seats and you get oodles of space. Looks like this from the back of the car..

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/zafira-4.jpg

Thanks Snux, finally it all makes sense now, I didnt know about raising the bench part first and neither did the salesman. I've just been back armed with that knowledge and with the seats correctly folded/slid forward the internal capacity is upto 60" length wise so bags of room.

I just have to find the right one now.

cheers all

A good alternative is a people mover - comprising a Ducati 916, five bus passes for the wife and kids, and use Martin to move any pins - that covers all the bases :)

I just have to find the right one now.

The Zafira certainly was a versatile beast. The only regret I had with ours was having the 1.6 petrol engine. When loaded up with people (or pins) it was a bit gutless. I think the 1.8 (or a diesel) would have been a better choice.

Good luck finding the right one.

Just a thought if your not set on a zarfira but want the 7 seats I've recently used a Mitsubishi Outlander to move a pin. Also it's a better car, I've owned both.

My Vectra estate is also good for pins loads of length but top to bottom of door is a snug fit, had lots of arcade stuff in it inc a full size space invaders with doors shut no probs plus it's the 1.9 150bhp so plenty power

Ronnie

Yeah seen the list Dan, just asked the question here because when I measured the Zafira I couldnt see how it could fit ( because I didnt have the seats folded corectly it turned out ).

How about a 2007 astra estate? It's not on martins list ( at that age anyway ). Just come across a very nice condition 1.8, only 23,000 miles. Only thing is its an automatic. Going back to measure it shortly.

How about a 2007 astra estate? It's not on martins list ( at that age anyway ). Just come across a very nice condition 1.8, only 23,000 miles. Only thing is its an automatic. Going back to measure it shortly.
I have a 2007 astra estate.
can fit a pin with a passenger in the back!

Ment to say.The bottom of the back seats (the **** bit) folds up so they touch the back of the front seat.
Theres a metal bracket that holds them in.
They dont advertise it but you can just bend them out a little so you can take the seat out completely when you need to move something!
I just have mine in van mode all the time

Have you moved modern sterns Cryptkeeper? I understand they are the tallest? ( someone else told me their vehicle would take everything except a stern )

Bought the astra estate, picked it up this afternoon. Thanks to all for the advice.

Last edited:
Late 90s volvo v70 estate. The choice of the lothario antique dealer. Cavernous interior. Reliable. Dirt cheeeeeeep

Buy yourself more pins with the change. Pretend you are lovejoy. Jobs a good 'un

For anyone interested I moved a Walking dead in my 07/08 astra estate the other day but it was VERY tight going in. Modern sterns need about an inch more clearance than a 90's bally/williams, it litterally had to be pushed in, the highest point digging into the roof lining, but it did go in.

Back
Top Bottom