What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone for exploitation films?

cooldan

i like pizza
exploitation films? WTF?

ok it's not as bad as it sounds though it sometimes probably is. the 'exploitation' aspect apparently refers to the low-budget B-movie aspec, the 'exploited' are the filmgoer.

exploitation films can be cult underground horror, or slasher, splatter, erotic, superviolent, or feature nuns or sex or revenge or incest or weird perversion. but also sometimes funny and weird and just bizarre. and cannibals. and zombies. and serial killers. there's 'Nude Nuns with Big Guns' but there's also 'Pirahna 3D'; there's 'Hobo with a Shotgun', 'Emmanuelle', 'Shallow Grave', 'Caligula' and 'Reefer Madness' ... also 'Deliverance', 'Last House on The Left', 'I Spit on Your Grave', and 'Faster Pussycat Kill Kill'

anyway, i like unusual films that are well made and recommended by friends, and i just came across a website with sh1tloads of these things all for free (veeeeerrrrrry slow) download.

so look at the list in the index page - it's way too long to paste here, almost 200 pages in Word at 12 point font, i haven't even looked at the whole thing. in fact i challenge you to read it all, there's just too many of them. there's categories and a search function and even searchable 'tags'

anyone got any recommendations for me? i already downloaded Deathrow Gameshow (it's an .avi, it works, it appears to be free of any nasty infections) and am currently downloading Vanishing Point (will take 3h). it's all legal i think.

the 'tags' in Vanishing Point, each of which can be searched independently, are these: 1970 challenger, anti hero, Biker, Car Chase, Car Crash, car movie, counter culture, Cult Film, Female Nudity, Hippie, Marijuana, Point, road movie, Sexual Assault, vanishing, Vietnam Veteran,

source: http://wipfilms.net/

don't judge me

Strangely enough, I've got an eight disk Jess Franco collection I was about to eBay; if anyone wants it here, shout (promise it's not just Italian p*rn...).

If that's the 1971 Roger Corman 'Vanishing Point', there's some stock footage (pun not intended) used during a recall of central character Kowalski's time as a stock car racer - a car overturns on the track and slides along on its roof. This footage was later used in the Jeff Bridges fillum 'The Last American Hero'*, which was how the blind D.J. had previously described Kowalski in Vanishing Point.

* u.k. title

Back
Top Bottom