What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone for angry birds?

That was from the very early days, it was still 2012 when that pitch document and renders were put together, and I'd been mooting Angry Birds as a viable pinball theme as far back as 2009.

Having known and worked with Rovio for quite a few years (owners of angry birds) this would have been one of many thousand product/licence pitches.

As it was 35,000 approvals for product lines were granted by 2015/16 with the IP at its height.

The finances for producing a pinball would have been slim and alien (pun intended) to their core audience/market. I’m bloody glad it’s infernal music didn’t make it :) and I know the musician well!

Looks amazing but the table would have to be bolted down did it couldn't be nudged out of position. I had interactive projection on my tables in a bar once, looked great but so glitchy ended up pulling it out after a couple of years.
That is a 100% no then.
I was hoping all the colours/effects came from under the table!

I remember this that @Eala Dubh Sidhe was working on back in those 'wonderful' Heighway games. I think it was in the late days of Circe/Early days of Full throttle.

From memory the cost was going to be VERY expensive to get the license but AH did not want Stern getting it....

Personally I completely forgot about this - Dave, was it ever on your computer as a visual pinball game for test ?! ? I can not honestly remember.

Other licenses got looked at in the time I was there, but I know AH really wanted this one and Queen.

Anyhow - a long time ago. Plenty of water under the bridge etc. But this was not produced even in a white wood.

Oh - and it also included AH's worst idea (well apart from the chain loop accelerator) - the 46 inch 'transparent' screen on top of the playfield. Basically just under the glass. VERY expensive - VERY fragile - VERY cr@p quality. Perhaps today it could be done.... or maybe it was just a real awful idea......

Having known and worked with Rovio for quite a few years (owners of angry birds) this would have been one of many thousand product/licence pitches.

As it was 35,000 approvals for product lines were granted by 2015/16 with the IP at its height.

The finances for producing a pinball would have been slim and alien (pun intended) to their core audience/market. I’m bloody glad it’s infernal music didn’t make it :) and I know the musician well!

Would that be ArtZ?

Christ, is there NOTHING I'll ever have had a hand in that isn't going to relentlessly mocked by the ****ing Chuckle Brothers at Head 2 Head through association with Andrew? fumes

@Eala Dubh Sidhe - no way Dave. I think all the pins you designed (lets face it - you did most the work on all the heighway pins!) had amazing shots.

It is more of a joke whom we/you had to work under.

If only you were left to do your job the games would of been even better.

Was always disappointed Circe was not finished to your original design idea. Maybe one day! Fingers crossed Stern snap you up!

Back
Top Bottom