What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else tried VR pinball?

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Afternoon all, Hope everyone is well?

So after moving home and ditching my vpin cab (will be a while before that space is filled with a real can at the new place unfortunately...) I decided to get an occulus quest 2 and try some VR pinball.
Have only tried Visual Pinball so far (via using air link with my pc) and so far I'm really impressed.
Has taken some trial and error so far (1st time I got it working the bloody machines were behind my head!...🙂) but we'll worth it if you have a decent pc capable of running it.
Graphics look a little blurry compared to running on a tv/monitor at this stage, so will try and tweak but pretty amazing.
I hear star wars Vr pinball fx 3 is pretty good (I'll buy the steam version) but apparently the resolution/textures have been downgraded from pbfx3 as kind of a port of the quest version.
Has anyone else tried any virtual pinball in VR?

I tried the Zaccaria one thats on steam - and had problems with the position of my virtual head.
Haven't tried Zaccaria; might give it go at some point.
After trying more tables in VP VR, some look great and others look a bit washed out in VR.
Against my better judgement/reviews I also bought Star Wars pinball VR on Steam. Only tried one table so far, but it's defo a downgrade in the graphics department compared to the PBFX3 versions. Not terrible, but should've waited for a sale.
Still, the quest 2 headset is still a better solution for me than playing on a desktop.

The pinball FX one with the Jaws, TWD and BTTF tables is good fun

I thought the Stern game was a bit buggy / laggy.

I’ve not tried VP yet, but suspect that will give the best experience once dialled in.

The pinball FX one with the Jaws, TWD and BTTF tables is good fun

I thought the Stern game was a bit buggy / laggy.

I’ve not tried VP yet, but suspect that will give the best experience once dialled in.
I wouldn't mind trying those tables in VR and will wait for thr next sale, as it stings a bit paying for the same tables twice when I've already bought thr standard versions. Would be cool if they made a VR version of thr Alien(s) tables though.
Defo give Visual Pinball VR a go - thr image is generally a but soft, but thr tables play really well.

Back
Top Bottom