What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have an Egret II mini?

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
As per the title, asone else messing around with one of these?
Managed to get the trackball/paddle controller for it the other day and it's a lot of fun:) Also got thr external control pad, but not used it.
Also downloaded a batocera image for it; bit of faffing installing the firmware or whatever, and finding an imagine, but pretty cool. Build I have runs cps 1,2&3 really well, neo geo games, other classics+console really well:)
Forgot to post pics of some games running in TATE mode (screen just clicks out, rotates ans clicks back in like the real machine - really cool)
Originally took pics as was going to sell as part of my gaming clear out, but can't bring myself to do it :) - perfect for a quick blast on some classic games and portable, as powering via a powebrick.

1000013968.jpg1000013969.jpg1000013971.jpg1000013974.jpg1000013985.jpg1000013988.jpg1000013989.jpg1000013990.jpg1000013991.jpg1000013992.jpg

That would look very nice (if a little small) alongside my Atomiswave cab....
Would bloody love a full sided cab; candy/astro city/egret (rotating screen like the mini is awesome ; love playing a bit of space invaders'95, 1942 and Cave shooters in TATE)
I have a MAME setup plugged in to a nice rotating monitor when I feel the need (egret mini also scratches the itch for quick games), but a sit down cab is the dream. Alas, no space unless I opt to have no pin 🫣

P.s Automiswave fist of the North star fighting game is great- used to own the ps2 disc, but sold for a nice price. Can still play the arcade ver. On my pc ofcourse

I have a Neo Geo mini, and an Evercade Exp, plus an Arcade Stick for retro gaming fun, but always liked the look if these. The rotating screen is great. Does it play well Den?

This is exactly what I bought this for back when it first released, I tried the original image but it definitely wasn't 'consumer' friendly. Looks like I'll have to go image hunting and try again.

Also the original one didn't support the paddleball controller so will have to break that out again - Couple games of Tempest is exactly what I need this morning.

I have a Neo Geo mini, and an Evercade Exp, plus an Arcade Stick for retro gaming fun, but always liked the look if these. The rotating screen is great. Does it play well Den?
Yeah, stick and buttons feel great and I'd say games run at full speed (maybe a hint of slight screen tearing here and there at times)
Nearly got a neo geo mini, but was put of by the weired stick - looks cool though.
Was gonna get an astro city mini, but apparently it's not quite as powerfull as the egret mini when running your own equation setups.

This is exactly what I bought this for back when it first released, I tried the original image but it definitely wasn't 'consumer' friendly. Looks like I'll have to go image hunting and try again.

Also the original one didn't support the paddleball controller so will have to break that out again - Couple games of Tempest is exactly what I need this morning.
I'm not sure if you can use the paddle/trackball which Batecera at the mo' - I did see a hack which got that controller working with a pc/MAME though (requires soldering on something I think)
On the build I'm using alot of classic sega games aren't working (could be wrong roms included). Manged to get thr imagine by joining a Telegram group and downloading in several RAR files, but uninstall Telegram after randomly getting added to groups which seemed like scams and getting random calls from overseas etc 🤬

Will probably have a look again down the line, but kind of happy with where it is now.
Got a used steamdeck recently and love playing emulators on it; great controls and emulators looks/sound great (with the right video filters etc applied)

Back
Top Bottom