What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone concerned about playfield issues JJP and Stern? Or seen them?

Who's Maiden is that @M4carp

FWIW, was talking to JJP today, they promise me they have the playfield issue sorted and are going to build our UK games soon...

the guy is an idiot, he accepted the offer of a unpopulated playfield. its frankly a **** take.

Clever PR though.

Offer someone vocal a populated playfield including fitting (that hawkmoon guy), he reports that outcome on the thread, everyone congratulates him and talks about it like it’s representative of what everyone’s experience is going to be, thus giving Stern breathing space.

In reality everyone else’s experiences get a bit lost in the noise, and they have to fight for their own resolution, with guys like this only being offered an unpopulated pf, an other people struggling to even get a reply, much less an acknowledgement of the issue.

It’s always telling when companies don’t publicly acknowledge problems like this, because it means ultimately that your chances of getting YOUR playfield fixed rest on how much noise you make, how much your opinion will count for on forums, how much you spend with the company etc. Not good.

I think the Hawkmoon guy's playfield was the worse case, as well as pooling he had peeling artwork from new and an incorrect coloured insert.

Damage limitation for Stern as they work from the worse cases backward. That one pictured above will be probably be next in line for an unpopulated playfield.

Clever PR though.

Offer someone vocal a populated playfield including fitting (that hawkmoon guy), he reports that outcome on the thread, everyone congratulates him and talks about it like it’s representative of what everyone’s experience is going to be, thus giving Stern breathing space.

In reality everyone else’s experiences get a bit lost in the noise, and they have to fight for their own resolution, with guys like this only being offered an unpopulated pf, an other people struggling to even get a reply, much less an acknowledgement of the issue.

It’s always telling when companies don’t publicly acknowledge problems like this, because it means ultimately that your chances of getting YOUR playfield fixed rest on how much noise you make, how much your opinion will count for on forums, how much you spend with the company etc. Not good.

Stern aren’t that sophisticated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clever PR though.

He states he has been "offered" a playfield including fitting.
There is no outcome at this point in time.

Well my JP2 LE is on the way - fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think people are too concerned, there was a huge amount of movement recently in the pinballs for sale, with JP being announced and a huge "offload" - those more tenured is this normal for this time of year, the JP effect, or the JP effect compounded by all the other barrage of releases...?

i think that's coincidental. I think people are freeing up money for xmas...

Neil

Back
Top Bottom