What's new

Anybody meet up in the Northeast?

JohnD83

Registered
Hi people,
As the title suggests im looking for people in the northeast (Middlesbrough, Durham, Sunderland area) Are there any league night's around? Local get togethers? Stuff like like that...
Im looking at my 1st pin hopefully at the end of the month.The thing is, I have not met anyone and still know of very few places with pins on site. This has me unsure of what to look for when buying and what to avoid, aswell as not having played to many titles to see if I actually enjoy them.
Help me out guys ✌

Last year I made the journey up to NERG only for the car to breakdown about 200mtrs from the venue:mad: both myself and the daughter were gutted. I then booked a family ticket to NLP only for work to not allow me the time off (the wife took the kids and her sister without me). I've been abit unlucky lol

Both myself and forum member 'sutol' live in Stockton. Be glad to help out on your first purchase if you need a critical eye. :)

Then 2017 may be your year ! 8bitflip at Easter, likely in Bury if want to make the trip.

@Rus121 If you wouldn't mind that would be great, im from Billingham so only 5 minutes away, Didn't think there was anybody from Teesside.
Will you be going to 8bit flip that @JMP has just mentioned?

No, i only have eyes for NERG. lolz.

There's several other pin collectors in Stockton. They just don't frequent the forums. Some of them have fantastic collections too.:thumbs:

Never expected that! So do you/they get together for meets, league nights or afew pints???
End of the month I should be actively looking for my 1st pin, budget for £1500 -£2000 what would be your recommendations?

17 & 18 June is Play Expo Glasgow if you fancy a wee trip over the border then? You'll be made very welcome if you want to introduce yourself.

We also hold league meets up here, not sure of ones in the northeast but you'll get more info from here and The UK Pinball League website.

Never expected that! So do you/they get together for meets, league nights or afew pints???
End of the month I should be actively looking for my 1st pin, budget for £1500 -£2000 what would be your recommendations?
For recommendations try playing the pinball arcade on a computer, games console or phone ect. It's not the real thing but you'll find a lot of people started with that before finding out that you could have a real pin in your house. You'll find out what you like and don't like. Go to a show if you can, play the real thing then look out here or dive in and ask for what you want. Someone will be prepared to sell you something if you don't sell it and buy another.

If you do like it just buy another and keep the first one!

@Cmor111 I am looking to attend afew shows this year and having family in Glasgow makes it more likely that I will make the journey up. When are the league meets? Are they weekdays or weekend's?

For recommendations try playing the pinball arcade on a computer, games console or phone ect. It's not the real thing but you'll find a lot of people started with that before finding out that you could have a real pin in your house. You'll find out what you like and don't like. Go to a show if you can, play the real thing then look out here or dive in and ask for what you want. Someone will be prepared to sell you something if you don't sell it and buy another.

If you do like it just buy another and keep the first one!
Funny enough im sat on Pinball Arcade right this second playing alittle CFTBL... Most likely out of my budget though. :(

I will have a very nice Johnny Mnemonic coming up for sale in a couple of weeks.

Never played JM but I know @replicas and I've seen a few of his machines, you can't go wrong buying from him!

I'd have a look on you tube to see if you like the look of it and how it plays, and as I said before if you end up not liking it just move it on for the next one, you'll not loose anything by buying it.

Good luck

Sounds like it could be on the list of possibilities. May I ask when you plan to put it up forsale and an idea of price?
I need to dig it out go through it all and give it a good check over and clean.
In around 2 weeks time it will be coming up for sale and I will be wanting around £1900 -£2100.

19th March is the Dundee meet @ailsaclunie is the Scottish administrator so if you want drop her a pm for more info.

Would be good to see a few of you from the North East of Scotland coming down!

Most keep themselves to themselves (have families, other interests/friends etc..) but always pop up out the woodwork when a bargain is about.

I have a nice No Fear i could sort you out with if you fancy it?

Just to say that you can play in as many leagues as you like but you will have to nominate which league you want to be registered with for WPPR purposes and league position. :thumbs:

Are there enough people/venues/pins to form a North East league?
Love a bit of competitive pinball, don't like 5/6 hour round trips to do it.

Most keep themselves to themselves (have families, other interests/friends etc..) but always pop up out the woodwork when a bargain is about.

I have a nice No Fear i could sort you out with if you fancy it?
I'll keep that in mind please @Rus121 im going to keep my options open at the moment and dont want to commit to anything just yet.

Are there enough people/venues/pins to form a North East league?
Love a bit of competitive pinball, don't like 5/6 hour round trips to do it.
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/rules.php

Just reading this and you need a minimum of 5 members, hold between 4 and 6 meets with a minimum of 3 pins per meet.

I'm sure there is a lot more involved but you'll get more information from the UK league and other local league organisers.

I'm always up for meeting new people, I am truly awfully mind...
My main purpose of the thread was to find out like-minded, knowledgeable people who know what there talking about and could hopefully point me in the right direction when I come to purchase my 1st pin. Whether that be a league night or just a get together with a few Ales :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom