What's new

Any wild pinballs in Sooouuuthend?

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Hi guys

Find myself in Southend on sea for the weekend, any pinball tables in the wild?

Cheers

Last time I was at my sisters there was a few. There is a retro arcade next to paddy power which had 3 pretty tired pins one was a gorgar. Me and mini me went on a pin hunt I'm every arcade we could find there was 3 taf'a, stern ij pos 2, worn out rfm which most of the machine didn't work (screen, lights. And mothership thing), dr who think that was it

Thanks, I forgot about the retro place, remember reading about it on jammaplus.

I going to London tomorrow to chelsea too, is the pipeline open at weekends?

Thanks, I forgot about the retro place, remember reading about it on jammaplus.

I going to London tomorrow to chelsea too, is the pipeline open at weekends?

You want the Las Vegas arcade on Wardour Street - THREE pins in there - LOTR, SM, Metallica. I think the Pipeline only open late-afternoon.

Thanks would love to play Metallica again

I'm off down to Southend for a few days next week as well, so I'll be on the lookout for a few games to play there too.

Didn't the games in the retro arcade get sold on Ebay a week or two ago? I remember seeing the Vector, Bally Star Trek and Xenon advertised for sale there.

A lot of the sea front arcades were shut when I was there last in November, but they will probably be open this weekend as it's half term.

You want the Las Vegas arcade on Wardour Street - THREE pins in there - LOTR, SM, Metallica. I think the Pipeline only open late-afternoon.

Las Vegas 18+ only so couldnt play as with Dan :(

Pipeline, waited for them to open at 4pm, 6 machines, wcs94 in reasonable condition, enjoyed the flintstones .... ac/dc premium.... in real need of service, lots of gi out and balls in play issues which is a shame for a place pushing pinball. Roadshow in good condition, tz killed me as usual.... monster bash was unplayable due to flipper issues and I should of asked for my money back.

but.... sank 4 / 5 pints..... lots of diet coke for dan too... probably spent 50 quid....

Really expected better. :(

20140222_164045.jpg

Met Chris who joined us for a few games, Hopefully will join forum and Loved the idea of the slam.

Shame about the Pipeline. MB is CoolDan's machine and our very own Matt Vince owns a few of the others. I offered to help fix a few the other week when I was in but I could tell it was a difficult day and I was just making it harder for the owner. They will be fixed I am sure as it really is a great venue.

Nice place. Just a shame that they seem just like any other operator and don't look after the machines. Was hoping that I could recommend..... but may be after visiting the sea front tomorrow they might look better......

Nice place. Just a shame that they seem just like any other operator and don't look after the machines. Was hoping that I could recommend..... but may be after visiting the sea front tomorrow they might look better......

Sorry this does sound a bit harsh, Its a great place to play and drink and would go again :)

I think once you have played the Stern Playboy on Southend sea front with no playfield insert lights working, or the RFM with the green screen, I'm sure you'll wish that you were back in the Pipeline again! :D

The Retro Arcade in Southend was shut by the time we tried to visit this evening, but thanks to a recent entry on Pinformer we found the AC/DC Pro in the Townhouse bar on Queen Street (not Victoria Avenue as shown on Pinformer).
Unfortunately the game wouldn't take any coins, so couldn't try it out. Grrr! :mad:

Visited the retro arcade in Southend this evening. They still have two pins there: Gorgar and the Bally Star Trek.

Vector and Xenon have been sold as expected.

The Gorgar has weaker than normal flippers, and the Star Trek has most of the playfield lighting out, or randomly flashing, but still managed to have a few good games on them.

Both are turned up satisfyingly loud!

Hi Ian. It was great meeting you on Saturday really enjoyed getting absoloutley thrashed by dan. If you are ever in london let me know as I'm always up for a game.

Had a venture down to the seafront in Southend today.

The bad news is that the Elvis and Stern Playboy have been dumped switched off at the back of Sunspot Arcade while they shuffle things around and refurbish the arcade. Hopefully they will be back later in the year.
I had a couple of games on the green screen RFM , as awful as ever, then found a AC/DC Pro in the Papillon bar on the sea front. It played quite well, although often chucked two balls out instead of one. Outlanes set wide open, and a heavy list to the left at the rear. No individual song high scores or HSTD to put your name up. :(

The other AC/DC Pro in the Townhouse is still not taking coins. :(
All the other arcades with pins in were closed. :(:(

Back
Top Bottom