What's new

Any recommendations for a platform trolley?

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Anyone have any recommendations for a lifting truck trolley?

I highly recommend the MST15 which you can get from http://www.williamandjones.co.uk/ It lifts 150kg so easily enough for a pin, and only weighs 33kg so you can actually pick it up and get it in and out of a car (if you're strong). It's narrow enough to get in there between the legs (fnar fnar) and the handle folds flat so it doesn't take up too much room.

I keep one in my pinball room and use it move them around if I need to get the glass off one of them, for leg levelling and especially for getting pins out of the back of the car. Wouldn't be without one....

Ah, let me know what you get. Could do with one myself at some point.

I hesitate to post this but:

If you're really budget minded you can make one.

img856.imageshack.us_img856_6537_t3ld.jpg

I happily move my pins with this. Just prop up the front end, slide the trolley underneath - with packing if necessary, let the front down and pin rocks onto trolley with all legs off ground. Easy. It was cheap as chips - circa £20: I made it from scrap wood from a builder's yard and castors rated 90Kg each bought from here (actually they sent me braked castors which were more useful than I thought they'd be):

75mm Twin Wheel Unbraked Castor Grey Rubber Tyre: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Last edited:
That looks like a great, cheap and ingenious, solution to the problem. I doff my hat to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom