What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Any old ramp

Sutol

Registered
Looking to do some flame polishing but try a few techniques on an old ramp first.
Let me know and I'll pay for it plus p+p.

Thanks

Before and after pics please, assuming something like this...

Before..
Tales of the Arabian Nights Ramp without coil mounting bracket.JPG

And after..
house-on-fire.jpg

Before and after pics please, assuming something like this...

Before..
View attachment 39995

And after..
View attachment 39996
This is probably how my attempt will turn out. I'm replacing a ramp soon so i will be attempting flame polishing on my old ramp. I've read up on it quite abit, which is all you can do really. Apparently need to keep it going fast enough just to melt the top layer, not the whole ramp.

8c93e75f6c4a25104002b1f4b6b72a74.jpg

Useful links

http://www.flippers.be/repair_flamepolishing.html

http://www.flippers.be/flame_polishing.html

It doesn't look to difficult to do but the skill is keeping that flame moving rather rapidly. I also noticed doing it against a strong light helps a hell of a lot.
My main worry is not setting the house on fire, ha ha

Expect all of it to be posted to the first 'I'll be your gimp' website i come across. (or ill ask Dan for his fav):D

It doesn't look to difficult to do but the skill is keeping that flame moving rather rapidly. I also noticed doing it against a strong light helps a hell of a lot.
My main worry is not setting the house on fire, ha ha

A video would be great. I would put everything aside to watch a live stream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jsyjay looks like you need some new ramps there. Send me them in the pics to practise on :).
You never know I may even improve them,lol

Jsyjay looks like you need some new ramps there. Send me them in the pics to practise on :).
You never know I may even improve them,lol

Haha, I've had a new set in my basket at Starship Fantasy a few times but haven't bought them as they still do the job for now. :)

Back
Top Bottom