What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Oculus Quest 2 users?

Not too bad, a little motion sickness when trying Echo VR but mainly doing the Boxing, Gunshop one and Super Hot

I just got one as an upgrade from the Rift CV1 which I've had 3 years now.

Love that I can use the Quest to play my PCVR games as well as standalone.

Haven't really tried much yet except set it up and use Big screen to watch movies

I have pretty good VR legs, owned a psvr and quest 1 before this but echo VR still gives a little motion sickness. My most played game by far is Beat Saber, followed by Pistol Whip. I've used it to play pc games via link but have just set up virtual desktop to play pc games wirelessly, works great with Half Life Alyx.

I have pretty good VR legs, owned a psvr and quest 1 before this but echo VR still gives a little motion sickness. My most played game by far is Beat Saber, followed by Pistol Whip. I've used it to play pc games via link but have just set up virtual desktop to play pc games wirelessly, works great with Half Life Alyx.
I bought Virtual Desktop for that purpose and so far I'm impressed! It's a bit janky but that might be my settings or wifi.

I played through HL alyx when it came out and as a HL fan it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in VR.
Probably the best VR game even if not a HL fan.
I'm probably going to play through it again with the improved Quest visuals.

Yes, currently trying to beat Beat Saber on Beat Saber (expert+).
Walkabout mini golf is also great fun for a quick round.

Quick question. If I wanted to play Dirt Rally 2 and Pinball FX3 in VR

A) Can I use a Quest 2
B) If not, which VR set would be best for this?

Thinking of asking for one for Christmas

I played dirt rally on psvr and it wasn't a pleasant experience, motion sickness aplenty.
Pinball FX 2 ( not 3 ) is available on most of the headsets, including quest. If you buy it from oculus it's cross buy so you get the quest version and the pc version which you could then play via link or virtual desktop, not sure how much better the pc version is over the quest though as I haven't bought it. Beware, if you buy it via Steam you only get the pc version so always check if a title is cross buy in the oculus store first. The spanner in the works to this though is Steam has much better sales that the oculus store so it could be cheaper to buy via Steam but you don't get the quest version. I see the base FX2 VR game only comes with 3 tables, Epic quest, Mars and secrets of the deep but with more via DLC.

I'm actually very surprised that I've been able to play Echo VR for a full battery with almost no motion sickness. I have had sickness issues in the past. I don't know if playing on a swivel chair helps.

I'll download Pinball FX today I think, if I can stop playing SuperHot that is.. Mind-blown.. :)

Pinball FX2. Mars, very enjoyable. Some huge scores on there. (EDIT: NOT MINE!)

Good fun that.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone mentioned the Humble VR bundle some awesome games inc Saint and Sinners all for a measly £13.
I already have some of these games so can gift them is anyone wants.

col
2950799B-D1A9-4C9E-ABE6-3FD3FDA9EBA0.png

Just got a Quest 2 as an upgrade to my Rift CV1. Loving it so far. Eleven Table Tennis is very good.
Tried using Virtual Desktop to link to my PC but the performance was terrible playing Moss. Got a refund on it.

Does it need a dedicated WIFI card ?

Just got a Quest 2 as an upgrade to my Rift CV1. Loving it so far. Eleven Table Tennis is very good.
Tried using Virtual Desktop to link to my PC but the performance was terrible playing Moss. Got a refund on it.

Does it need a dedicated WIFI card?
You need to connect your pc to your router with an ethernet cable otherwise the combined latency of using WiFi for the pc and the quest is too much. Worked fine for me connecting this way. Also there's a few router settings that need playing with to maximise bandwidth. There are guides on getting it working on YouTube.

You need to connect your pc to your router with an ethernet cable otherwise the combined latency of using WiFi for the pc and the quest is too much. Worked fine for me connecting this way. Also there's a few router settings that need playing with to maximise bandwidth. There are guides on getting it working on YouTube.
I have the PC connected via homeplugs Kev. PC is upstairs so can’t get a direct ethernet cable to it.
I watched a couple of videos about it and saw that some folk were using a WIFI 6 card. :hmm:

Hmm not sure how good home plugs are. I'm just connected with a short lan cable to my crappy virgin hub. Was **** at first until I got into the hub interface and made the required changes.

Hmm not sure how good home plugs are. I'm just connected with a short lan cable to my crappy virgin hub. Was **** at first until I got into the hub interface and made the required changes.
I don’t think I would ever get it work well with the amount of stuff connected to my router.
3 Firesticks
3 iPhones
2 iPads
1 Fire Tablet
2 Alexas
2 PS4s
2 Smart TVs
Sky Q
PC
Laptop

Obviously not all feeding off it at the same time but it’s hardly surprising my experience with Virtual Desktop was crap.

5.4 ghz should be fine but as stated your PC really needs to be via Ethernet.
Those super Wi-fi routers and repeaters will cost as much as your Quest did but a cheap and easy solution is just use a USB 3 lead.
I managed with cheap 5m Amazon one but Oculus do there proprietary lead for £70 if you want to save the hassle of finding decent leads.

PC VR is vastly better than the mobile CPU games of the Quest and well worth all the effort.
I eventually ditched my Quest for an Index when ALEX came out.

Those super Wi-fi routers and repeaters will cost as much as your Quest did but a cheap and easy solution is just use a USB 3 lead.
I managed with cheap 5m Amazon one but Oculus do there proprietary lead for £70 if you want to save the hassle of finding decent leads.

PC VR is vastly better than the mobile CPU games of the Quest and well worth all the effort.
I get 120 MBPS + at my PC with low ping through the homeplugs.
I’ve got a Link cable (Anker) so can use it with my sim rig for VR racing. That is the prime use for VR for me.

BCD8A1D8-1A7D-4A88-B6AF-683E8A3137DD.jpeg

Heads up people. There is a one time only offer of 25% off at the Oculus store. Add code mobile25 at the checkout. Choose wisely as you can only use it once.

A VR bundle just appeared on the humble store too.

71p for Detached
10.66 to also get Star Trek, Surgeon Sim, Swords of Gurrah, Espire 1
10.77 if you also want Job Sim, Sairento and Borderlands 2.

Also - didn't realise you could use virtual desktop to play PC games wirelessley.. Will have to try that :)

I invested in a Wi-Fi mesh setup, not just for the quest but to improve Wi-Fi around the house anyway. My PC is connected via ethernet and I got the Deco P9 setup that has the added bonus of a wired back-haul via power line and performance is great for remote play on my Quest, which is ideal because my gaming PC is in a room about the size of Harry Potter's broom cupboard and not suited to VR unless its seated play. I only really use my Quest like this, I don't own a single native Quest title, mine are all on Steam.

I do have a cable connection to my PC too, I got this one from Amazon and it works well and is tons cheaper than the official cable - Link

I have the connection running smoothly over wifi to my computer (computer itself is attached by ethernet), Would definitely advocate buying Robo Recall on Quest 2 as you get cross buy for the Oculus Rift version which runs over Virtual Desktop also, just like Steam. You then get both a PC version and the Quest native version. I got free version of Asgards Wrath on Oculus store which can be played over Link or Virtual Desktop. The climb is another Oculus exclusive that gives you the advantage of Crossplay, In our house favourite games are unquestionably Fruity Shooty (honestly packing supermarket baskets while simultaneously blasting cherries with a C4 launcher and revolver needs to be seen to be experienced once in a lifetime). Also Population One is a current favourite of the Fortnite fanatics in the house.

Back
Top Bottom