What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any GLUE or ADHESIVE experts on here???

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
EDIT -
HAVE HAD SOME ADVICE VIA PM.
SORTED OUT NOW.
Need a bit of help.

I have a digital jukebox I want to bond a glass screen onto.

The screen is a 21.5" touch screen monitor.

The adhesion area (if that is the correct word) is approx 15mm all the way around.

I am sticking the screen to plastic.

Do not want to use a bracket for the monitor as it looks pretty rubbish.

Any idea?

Here are some photos....

The monitor is the 'average' weight for a PC monitor.

I know 3M do some amazing tapes but not sure if they will stick to glass and plastic.

Would rather not use something like epoxy. NEEDS TO BE A TAPE !

The monitor display does get naturally warm in use as well.

3M do tape that holds windscreens in but was just thinking if there are any experts on here that can offer advice please.

IMG_8048.jpgIMG_8050.jpgIMG_8051.jpg

Last edited:
Not an expert but my initial reaction is, if that's clear plastic, the glue or tape is going to be visible and look ****e.

Maybe consider mounting from the back?

I used double sided 3M tape to stick a window blind to glass, still up 4 years later.

Hope not to derail but Nano Tape is very handy to have around. If you don't know it is a clear gel type tape that isn't sticky to touch, but it sticks two objects together. I used it to attach two figures to my Godzilla and can lift the playfield up no problem, they are solidly stuck in place until you exert a lot of pressure to release them, cheap to buy and doesn't leave any mess.

Here is the science behind it - Nano Tape

Last edited:
I used double sided 3M tape to stick a window blind to glass, still up 4 years later.

Hope not to derail but Nano Tape is very handy to have around. If you don't know it is a clear gel type tape that isn't really sticky, but it sticks two objects together. I used it to attach two figures to my Godzilla and can lift the playfield up no problem, they are solidly stuck in place until you exert a lot of pressure to release them, cheap to buy and doesn't leave any mess.

Here is the science behind it - Nano Tape
We are talking about a 2kg monitor.

Also 3M do so many different tapes. Plus there are so many fakes. I have bought fake 3m tapes off amazon and ebay.

I use double sided tape for my stuff as long as you get decent 3m stuff you good to go.
It’s expensive but well worth the extra

We are talking about a 2kg monitor.

Also 3M do so many different tapes. Plus there are so many fakes. I have bought fake 3m tapes off amazon and ebay.
Glad you're sorted. Just for info 'Nano tape is also a strong adhesive heavy duty tape that can withstand 18 pounds (about 8.2 kg) per 4 inches on a smooth surface'.

Back
Top Bottom