What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any arcade machine experts here?

Latest update is it looks like I am getting the right power at the monitor connector once I measure it the correct way :D

I measured at both the power board end and at the monitor chassis end of the power cable and got the following:

Red to Brown wires (lugs 3 and 4 on transformer 0-128) reads 136v
Orange to Yellow wires (should be 240v) reads 247v

Next steps are to send Grant on UKVAC some pics of the monitor chassis to see if something got damaged in transit or if I've connected something up wrong their :thumbs: So it looks like I didn't really need to remove the power board but it has meant it got a good clean and I now know a bit more about my arcade game :D

Latest update is it looks like I am getting the right power at the monitor connector once I measure it the correct way :D

I measured at both the power board end and at the monitor chassis end of the power cable and got the following:

Red to Brown wires (lugs 3 and 4 on transformer 0-128) reads 136v
Orange to Yellow wires (should be 240v) reads 247v

Next steps are to send Grant on UKVAC some pics of the monitor chassis to see if something got damaged in transit or if I've connected something up wrong their :thumbs: So it looks like I didn't really need to remove the power board but it has meant it got a good clean and I now know a bit more about my arcade game :D

needed a clean and a tidy up anyway mate. Future proofing!

needed a clean and a tidy up anyway mate. Future proofing!

I'm quite enjoying tinkering with it, makes a nice change from pinball :D I think I'll do a proper restoration on it at some time in the future :thumbs: I've got a couple of other arcade cab projects to work on soon as well!

I'm quite enjoying tinkering with it, makes a nice change from pinball :D I think I'll do a proper restoration on it at some time in the future :thumbs: I've got a couple of other arcade cab projects to work on soon as well!

exactly why I have a few arcade uprights in the collection to mate, variation is key to not Loosing your mojo. From a repair and support point of view it’s also good to fix other design to 😎😁

Just a quick update on this. After a bit more testing I've confirmed I'm getting 132v at the monitor chassis fuse so it's getting posted back off for further investigation 👍 in the meantime I might strip and clean the pedal box as it's looking a bit manky next to the newly cleaned bits 😃

IMG_20200515_201300.jpg

It’s alive!

Monitor is working again [emoji16]turns out a resistor on the chassis has failed.

I need to adjust it a bit for hori/vert position and check the pedal settings but it’s playing!

Got the Outrun Enhanced v2 ROMs to go in it next [emoji106]

It’s alive!

Monitor is working again [emoji16]turns out a resistor on the chassis has failed.

I need to adjust it a bit for hori/vert position and check the pedal settings but it’s playing!

Got the Outrun Enhanced v2 ROMs to go in it next [emoji106]

good to hear 👍

Back
Top Bottom