What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any advice for owning a pin2000

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi group. I'm picking up an RFM tomorrow which I've just purchased from Amuseworld. I've never owned one before and was wondering if they required any extra care and attention than a regular pin?

I've owned a few pins but never a pin2000. I know it has a CRT LCD monitor conversion.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers. Gaz.

Hey gaz I've got swep1 rfm is a good game I'm jelous
smile-1.png
the playfield glass be carfull not to smash or scratch it as it's mirror it will show marks and get up todate game installed makes difference pet else u want to know ?

Thanks mate. Can't wait to get it. I'm sure once I've collected it I'll have some questions to ask. Thanks again.

Cool I want some pics of how they converted the screen I want to do same withe mine;) make sure the fans inside the CPU unit and power supply unit are clean and dust free and work right or you will het over heating making game crash now & then butbtjey see really easy to work on coz playfield comes totally out

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1663665 said:
Hi group. I'm picking up an RFM tomorrow which I've just purchased from Amuseworld. I've never owned one before and was wondering if they required any extra care and attention than a regular pin?

I've owned a few pins but never a pin2000. I know it has a CRT LCD monitor conversion.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers. Gaz.

Make sure you have someone to help you put the backbox on - it weighs an absolute ton !! I have put one on myself and it was a frickin miracle I didn't cause serious injury to me or the machine :eek: Seriously its a 2 man job.

Although if yrs has LCD screen then wont be half as bad.

Ha ha. Cheers everyone thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I get help with that. I'll upload some pics of the conversion for ya

Most dont require conversion at all - unless the monitor doesnt start or is very burnt in.

A lot of them actually just have bad contrast levels, that cant be tuned out using the controls. I stuck an amp in courtesy of Ultimarc - took me 30 mins to install by re-hashing a cable, and the difference was astounding.

Hope you enjoy it. My RFM is the second one i have owned - unfortunately the PF isnt as good as the first one, however i have a spare just in case
smile-1.png

hi,

when putting the backbox on, be careful not to be too lazy, make sure it is bolted into position. It looks like it will just sit in the right place due to gravity, however it can pivot/slide backwards and forwards , and can rest on the glass/smash the glass.

make sure you don't trap your hand between backbox and cabinet when putting it on. Mine is like a guillotine !

regards, john
smile-1.png

thanks everyone. Wrestled it down the stairs at amuseworld and now it's all set up in my kitchen. Just getting to grips with it.

One question though? Is the drop target in front of the right ramp supposed to reset each ball or does it only reset for certain modes?

If you;re any good with Pc's it's recommended to change the PSU and the CPU fan when you get one. The only reason is that if either of them screw up it's £££ to replace. PSU will set you back around £20 on Ebay, and CPU fan £5.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom