What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti rattle tape - a nice solution

Durzel

Registered
On my TAF I've been struggling to find an anti rattle tape that isn't too bulky to make the glass too hard to get in, but also doesn't show on the edges when the glass is in the machine.

Tried several different tapes, the "official" one from Pinball Pro/Flipper Fidelity, cloth ones, "fuzzy" ones. They either made the glass too hard to get in and out, or they were visible when the glass was fitted. Finally found one that works like a charm so thought I'd share it...

It's 5mm wide and 1mm thick. The seller also does a 2mm thick one. It is a rubberised foam that compresses nicely in the glass channel.

I put it on one side of the glass on both sides, and it worked perfectly. Tight enough to stop the bass rattle, but not so tight that the glass couldn't be taken out easily.

A83315AE-737D-429C-BF33-08B7AD94E1D0.jpeg

452FBE28-CD4F-4EB5-AA6F-F82C4AF82BDC.jpeg

Anyway just thought I'd share the love.

Might go with 10mm as that is UK dispatch and wrap it around the edge from top to bottom?

Just measured and the glass is 5mm thick so 15mm may be better to wrap around the edge.

The glass in my TNA is not a good fit, it needs to be about 5mm wider for a snug fit so this tape could be perfect.

Sorry for delay replying. I went with 5mm because the glass track on my TAF is slightly wider than the glass, and I didn't want the tape to be visible.

I thought about getting 10mm and wrapping around but wasn't sure if it would stay stuck on.

Measured up with a bit of masking tape and have gone with 10mm, less chance of it showing at the edges. Oh the wonders of Amazon Prime, delivery tomorrow.
Could you let us know how that goes as I’m thinking about 10mm or 15mm wrap around solution

Could you let us know how that goes as I’m thinking about 10mm or 15mm wrap around solution
Ok, 10mm fitted, no more vibrations :). I don't think 10mm is wide enough to cover top, bottom and side. I tried it with a small piece and it didn't leave enough on the top and bottom, can imagine it coming unstuck and besides having it on the top and bottom may make it too difficult to get the glass in and out. 15mm wrapped around may be too wide so you see the tape and also too tight a fit.

I placed it so there was approx 5mm on the bottom of the glass with the other 5mm wrapped around the side. Nice snug fit and hopefully will be able to get the glass out and back in again without it coming unstuck.

If it does come unstuck I'll do as the OP did and just place 5mm on the bottom and trim the rest off.

I've got enough left to do my VP cab too.

Back
Top Bottom