What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Andy Campbell's 50th Birthday Celebration Event - 14th April

So far on the waiting list - Ben Leigh, Reece Powell, Gene Aw, Alan Garwood, Matt Vince + family

Let me know if you'd like to be on there too.

Last edited:
Here you go -

Andy Campbell (of course!)
Ethan Campbell
Emma Campbell
David
Claire
Pete Bennett
George Bennett
Chris Boudi
Sofia Boudi
George Boudi
4 of Andy’s friends (names TBC)
Martin Bedford
Steven Dale
Jeremy Baynham
Phil Stokes
Emily Stokes
Jon Carolyn
Matthew Halls
Roy Smith +1 (Jim?)
Diane Bush
Clive Bush
Nick Clark
Greg Mott
Ian Clarrifoats
Graham Walker + 1
Dan Pocklington
Graham Swaffield
Helen Swaffield
Yuen Aw
Gene Aw
James Aw
Michael Aw
Tim Thornton
Nathan Garwood
Marc Gatward

Last edited:
Many thanks to Claire for running this comp and Chris for hosting again. Another great fun day of pinball, with a fantastic relaxed friendly atmosphere.

Star of the day must go to George who not only knocked me out in the first play off round but also then defeated Gene and Yuen on his way to an excellent 3rd. Not to be outdone by his son, dad Pete took champion Nathan to a deciding game but sadly for Pete it wasn't to be. Congrats to Nathan for another win! Also a special mention for Jeremy who qualified 1st but sadly lost the 5th to 8th play off to only finish 8th in the end where amazing play all day deserved a better end result.

At least the early exit meant I could get back home at a reaonsable time.

Oh and happy 50th to Andy and happy birthday Emily.

Huge thanks to Chris for hosting us, to Claire for running the comp and to David for tech support as always - such a fun day!

Standard of play really high too - battled Jmac on Spiderman and both got to Battle Royale finishing with 149mill to 146mill, 320+ million on Whitewater not enough to beat George, 250 million on Twilight Zone only enough for third against the Stokes, and lots of lower seeds knocking out top seeds too.

Had to really really fight for the win, but standouts of the day for me would be Jeremy for topping the qualifying with zero 3rd or 4ths and George for something like 9 back to back incredible games to blitz his way through the finals to 3rd.

Hope Andy and Em enjoyed their birthday celebrations, can't think of a better way!

As others have said, it was a great day, many thanks to Chris, Claire and David for all their efforts to make it such a fantastic event with a really fun and friendly atmosphere. Congrats to Nathan for clocking up (yet!) another win, and particularly to George for his stellar performance in the finals, 2 future top 10 (at least!) players there, their battle on Whitewater was amazing to watch. Sadly I ran out of steam late on but it was an experience I won't forget any time soon.

Watching the standard of play in the games leading up to the finals was something to behold. Thanks to all of those who made it to the later games for putting on a show! Also thanks to all the usual suspects who make PBO such an amazing home venue.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it yesterday so thanks as always to Chris Claire and David. I played terribly up till lunchtime suffering a bit from the previous nights beers. Some food and about 5 bottles of water I played better in the afternoon but still a lot to do to qualify and needed to win both my last two rounds to sneak in. Drawing Nathan in the last 16 is a bit of a free hit as he is just consistently excellent. 1-1 after a pick each going into Spiderman for the decider. Almost a year to the the day from my first competitive tournament that game on Spiderman has been my favourite part of the whole year even though I ended up defeated 149m to 146m. Nathan as player 1 put up 100m on his first ball and looked pretty happy he done enough. Both of us got to battle royale and I pulled it back so going in to ball 3 I was chasing 22m for the win. It wasn’t to be but I enjoyed it immensely.

Special mention to George Bennett, he is developing into an awesome player and definitely one to watch going forward. Jeremy smashed it in the qualifying. And Nathan now being 3 for 3 in his last tournaments is a force of nature in the uk pinball world

To be clear, there wasn't actually a 3rd and 4th place matchup between George and Yuen - Yuen conceded the place in favour of getting an earlier trip back with the kids.

That said, I echo what everyone else said. George was the star of the day for me too. Came back from 1-0 down against Greg and then myself in the first two rounds with some excellent and gutsy play. Then, taking the first game of whitewater against Nathan, not panicking when Nate came back from nothing to get to over 300mil on the 3rd ball and stepping up and getting the 100 mil necessary.

The Air kinda deflated after Nate came back and eliminated George to be honest! Well played to Nate and Pete of course but the finals itself felt like a bit of an afterthought!

Fun tournament! (Appologies if I was annoying people maybe having 'too much fun') thanks to Claire for organising and Chris as always.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say a huge Thank You to Chris, Claire and David for a fantastic day. My friends that came along had not done a pinball competition before and they all thoroughly enjoyed it and are likely to come along to future events. 😊 Well done to Nathan Pete, George, Sophia and James on their well deserved trophies. 🏆

Thanks so much everyone for coming - it really is the people that make these events so great. :) It was also exciting to have some brand new players, including Graham and Roddy, who had never visited the Pinball Office before and just found it on Google, and thought they'd come along!

I've added photos to a Google album, as always - feel free to add your own: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7Z5A2M4tbZ9vqecv8

I hope @Andypc and Emily had a great day - happy birthday to you both!

As others have said - Huge well done to George, who was 2nd in the U16s (based on qualifying) and then 2nd overall. Amazing! Jeremy also gets a special shout out - top qualifier for the day. James also played amazingly well all day, he was 13th overall in qualifying as well as being top 16!

And of course, huge well done to Nathan, who has a third trophy to add to his April 2024 collection - he had to really fight for it and take down both Bennetts, no easy task. :)

U16 results:
1. James Aw
2. George Bennett
3. Sofia Boudi
4. Michael Aw
5. Ethan Campbell
6. George Boudi

Overall results:
1,Nathan Garwood
2,Pete Bennett
3,George Bennett
4,Yuen Aw
5,Dan Pocklington
6,Tim Thornton
7,Gene Aw
8,Jeremy Baynham
12,David Bowery
12,Ian Clarricoats
12,James Aw
12,Phil Stokes
12,Jon Carolan
12,Martin Bedford
12,Greg Mott
12,Claire Lickman
17,Emily Stokes
18,Clive Bush
19,Matthew Halls
20,Roddy Kesterton
21,Adam Gould
22,Marc Gatward
23,Nick Clark UK
24,Steven Dale
25,Roy Smith
26,Stephen Baker
27,Graham Walker
28,Alan Garwood
29,Cristian Boudi
30,Sofia Boudi
31,Andy Campbell
32,Michael Aw
33,Jim King
34,Ethan Campbell
35,Chun Wah Kong
36,Diane Bush
37,George Boudi
38,Emma Campbell
39,Alan Chang

Results are in with the IFPA so should be up soon!

Attachments

• PXL_20240414_190149533.RAW-01.COVER~4 (1).jpg
    PXL_20240414_190149533.RAW-01.COVER~4 (1).jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom