What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PinWoofer

Registered
Hello everyone, during my last restoration I decided to finally take the time to work on an idea that I had a while ago. I wanted to get a better sound experience from my pinball machines, something that would really make a memorable restore. The result far exceeded my expectations! I wanted something that wouldn't alter the wiring or the cabinet itself, something easy to install (it only requires some basic hand tools, no sodering or anything), and something that could work in any pin. The result is Pinwoofer, a subwoofer kit that will take any audio experience to the next level.

I'm selling 6" and 8" subwoofer speaker kits as well as an amplifier only option on my website https://pinwoofer.com/
I'm really eager to get this mod out there, since it's something I love and am really passionate about. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or feedback, it's all very welcome.

Anyone got this kit installed? Just been browsing pinside and it's highly recommended by users.

Was looking at them and people are very happy, wouldn’t mind trying a set but imagine postage etc would be expensive.
People using it with PinSound too and making it sound even better!

There’s no doubt, it’s tried and tested.
People have gave them great reviews for the subs and the powered amplifier back box kit.
I came close but then just wired a couple of my Pins to the same external sub using a small circuit board with a 3.5mm jack out from. - PinSMX from Pinnovators.
But I definitely see the value in the powered amp from this dude for sure. It’s got to sound great, makes sense.
I guess if the pin is a keeper - go for it.
It’s the god damm shipping + duty that kills you on pricing as per usual 😬

You could make something like this pretty easily.

A half decent woofer:
£30

Class D amp:
£20

(feed with a stereo in and you can also run backbox speakers off it).

Some kind of an interface circuit (you have a line out on MOST post WPC95 games) or something like this:

MDF adaptor ring:
£8

You may need an external 12v power source to run amp (depending on what machine and what other mods you have!)

How much is one of these kits ??? Thinking for my Metallica

Back
Top Bottom