What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing pictures of vintage 1968 US arcade

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Wow - taken in 1968 at the Wonderland arcade in Kansas City. Pinballs, bingos, rifle games, skeeball , and a very creepy 'What Does Grandma Say' fortune telling machine - one for @Fintan Stack :)

It was on the corner of 12th and Grand in KC, by the power of the interweb I googled it and have attached a photo of how it looks today (last photo) - a sorry shadow of its former self, some sort of sports shop by looks of it. EDIT - its actually the national office of NAIA, The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics .

arcade-1.jpg

arcade-2.jpg

arcade-3.jpg

arcade-4.jpg

arcade-5.jpg

arcade-6.jpg

arcade-7.jpg

arcade-8.jpg

arcade-9.jpg

arcade-10.jpg

arcade now.PNG

Last edited:
Love the car in picture 1.
arcade-1-jpg.21670

It's nearly lunch, wish I could get a Root Beer and Chili Dog from the food bar

Its certainly got the right name, "Wonderland".
My kind of arcade.
Shame there's nothing like that today.

Order UP!

those rifle games weight a ton. Bit freaky that Grandma "breathes!". Make Zoltar seem tame

Really interesting pictures there, I like the signs above the pinball machines on the 60's photos. "No prizes to be won" "you must be 16 or over" etc.

If anyone has got a small gathering of 60s pins then putting some signs up like that would look great.

I also love the fact that the arcade seems busy and everyone is interested and excited in what is going on there. If only we could capture some that back today...... Like Japan

If you've got a few mins spare, any chance you could compile this lot, and maybe a few others, into an A4 hardback coffee-table book @grizz :)?

Fabulous photos - I love the way 1960's cameras could't quite do colour properly, and the graininess of the pictures - great finds :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom