What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allen key size?

Mooseman

Site Supporter
So I thought I would fit a new flipper kit to pz.
The Allen screws that hold the eos switch and resistor seem to be some oddball size that is defeating me at the mo. Anyone know the correct size?
It's between 4mm and 3mm
And 1/8 and 3/32

It's 3.5mm (well, close). I had to dig through all my (and my colleagues) hex keys when the detachable spurs were introduced (on Diner, or the preceding Bally game). The local fastener shop in Surbiton had a selection of screwdriver-style hex tools, including this size, which I've not seen used anywhere else.

Last edited:
Ive been thru all my sets and boxes of loose and its eluding me at the mo. Ta for info

It's bizarre when they use different sized fittings. My bike handlebars use 3mm, 5mm and 5.5mm on that one sub-assembly. Apart from the fact that is three different components to source when they could have used the 5mm in all places, what a PITA it must be for manufacturing - my undergrad degree was in Manufacturing Engineering back in 2000, and by then 'Design for Assembly' was one of the hot topics - simplifying design for ease and speed of assembly and designing things so assemblers simply could not get it wrong. Not sure that made it's way to pinball machines, and certainly not to my bike :confused:

I've just had a look at mine m8 and I used a T-20 star bolt that fitted perfect, its not a screw as such its a star bolt. Good luck.

As its American it's going to be imperial. The driver that I use is marked 9/64". Equates to3.57mm so that's why 3.5mm will probably work, although 9/64" will be snugger.

Cheers guys. I actually got one out with a t20 torx but I may of buggered that up a bit now lol. My neighbours biscuit tin of ****e actually got a good fit. So the job can now proceed.

My sets a security torx with the hole for the dimple. Why they have to fanny around with different systems

Cheers guys. I actually got one out with a t20 torx but I may of buggered that up a bit now lol. My neighbours biscuit tin of ****e actually got a good fit. So the job can now proceed.

as Andy said 9/64"

Next time your round i can elt ya have one for keeps :)

:clap:Or sun .
I'm picking aidie up 9.15 sun then Dr pin. There's room for a small Welsh man if you get to houftons mate

Back
Top Bottom