What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Things Virtual Reality

@J.C.Rox A daft question, but I assume you don't fit the front cover thingy once the phone is inserted?

Also I read you can cast the VR to Chromecast which is interesting.

I hope we're not de-railing your thread @stoptap, I'm sure that Gear VR is just a stepping stone for those that don't realise they really need PS VR.
Correct only light bleed on gear2 model for me is tiny and not noticeable during game play and is around the nose area. I haven't tried any casting and not sure what it is tbh!

@J.C.Rox A daft question, but I assume you don't fit the front cover thingy once the phone is inserted?

Also I read you can cast the VR to Chromecast which is interesting.

I hope we're not de-railing your thread @stoptap, I'm sure that Gear VR is just a stepping stone for those that don't realise they really need PS VR.
Not a problem mate. In fact I have changed the thread title to suit.

I haven't tried any casting and not sure what it is tbh!
It's a proven technique to annoy the family, by duplicating what you're enjoying inside the VR headset onto your TV screen best started halfway through East Enders.

I've been out and bought the psvr on the say so of this thread....
wow about sums it up I think.
rush of blood is really scary as is resident evil 7.
I really liked the London heist,the kids love danger ball.(all of the vr worlds game is worth playing)
here they lie made me feel sick after 10mins.
playing a game on the telly is one thing but being in the game is just another level.
it's well worth having

Brilliant. Just discovered the pass-through camera that displays the outside world (shudder) through the headset - I never need take it off again:thumbs:

The tentative link to this forum, Stern VR Pinball has been one of the less impressive experiences for me.

Right that it............... looks like I'm going out tomorrow and buying myself a PlayStation VR, all on the way of this thread and people I know who have said how much it rocks.
Looking forward to RE and most other horror role play.

Just seen the new S8, it has an infinity screen that covers the whole front and the home/back buttons are now "soft". Samsung Rep was in the shop who told me that its supplied with AKG (?) ear buds, also a new version of Gear VR for it soon that will have a detachable controller rather than on the side.:thumbs:

I've been playing Rock Band VR this week.

The feeling presence on stage is incredible.

Aside from the VR, the game revolutionises the way you interact. It stops being a game where you unmute notes and the guitar becomes a real instrument where you control the chords, notes and tempo. You can either play along to your favourite songs on jam along over the top of them. Meanwhile lightening fires out of your guitar whilst the crowd whip themselves into a frenzy.

Last night I was gurning out my own solo to 'Won't Get Fooled Again' whilst bashing the cymbal with my guitar head. It was a true magical gaming moment.

Some serious discounts on the PS Store at the moment for VR games.

My 70 year old mum tried VR for the first time today. All she kept saying was ' wow ' :clap:

Make sure you watch our VR of the UEFA champions league final on YouTube ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like Amazon are really starting to take the **** ramping the prices of PSVR titles up on day of release. Farpoint bundle is supposed to be £70. But its currently £90 on Amazon. They've done this with almost every PSVR title so far. Cheapest I've seen is £75 at Tesco Direct and £69 ShopTo.net.

I cancelled my Amazon pre order as it was not being delivered until Saturday and I put the order in March.
Got it on the day at Argos, so glad I did as it is really worth playing.

For peops with Gear VR there are good sale deals in the Occulus store at the mo 50-60% off a lot of apps.

I just found the best VR experience ever......Google Earth VR. Check it out, it's absolutely mind blowing. Really amazing.

IMG_0967.JPG VR headset circa 1860. All subsequent versions of stereoscopic representation built on the work of Sir David Brewster who designed the first commercially successful stereo viewer.

Is everyone still enjoying PSVR? It is now £249.99 for the starter pack which includes the camera and either Gran Turismo or Skyrim. Bought a PS4 last week with Resident Evil 7 so seriously tempted before the offer ends.

Edit - I've already got the Move controllers from my PS3.

Is everyone still enjoying PSVR? It is now £249.99 for the starter pack which includes the camera and either Gran Turismo or Skyrim. Bought a PS4 last week with Resident Evil 7 so seriously tempted before the offer ends.

Edit - I've already got the Move controllers from my PS3.
To be honest I have been a little disappointed with the games coming out for it.
The word on the underground grapevine is that the standard PS4 does not have the power needed. The PS4 Pro can run the kind of games I was hoping to see but Sony will not allow games to be developed just for the Pro.

Skyrim could be a turning point though.

Have you tried Argos? They're doing a Black Friday Skyrim bundle for £249

If you want opinions then head to Amazon reviews.

Back
Top Bottom