What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Things Virtual Reality

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Getting it delivered today. Had a load of Amazon vouchers so it seemed the right time to take the plunge. Hope it doesn't make me feel sick.

Getting it delivered today. Had a load of Amazon vouchers so it seemed the right time to take the plunge. Hope it doesn't make me feel sick.

Let me know how you get on it with....still not bought one myself yet and the Nintendo Switch is vying for that cash :)

I got 1 a few months ago really really good

Rush of blood is a good shooting game and quite scary at times

Well that looks awesome Andrew! I was looking at the VR yesterday actually. The resident evil game is compatible with VR but looks freaking jumpy. Expensive piece of kit though!
I wouldn't have bought one at £350 but the Amazon vouchers I had were worth £180 so it certainly took the edge off the price.

First impressions are it is a little grainy but the experience is fantastic. Driveclub VR is surreal, moving your head to look in the mirrors is ace.
Had my first comedy moment on it too. There is a menu screen and it has floating balls on it. I whacked one with my Dualshock and it flew away from then came flying straight back at my head. I nearly fell off my chair trying to get away from it. :rofl:

I love the concept of both the Nintendo Switch and Playstation VR, but for me right now they are both a bit lacking in the software department.

Of course what is most likely to happen is there will be far better support as time progresses so I can see it being a tough call which to go for when Christmas rolls around. Switch holds little interest for me right now because the main game selling it (Zelda) is available on the Wii-U with only minor graphical sacrifices. I'll be much more tempted once Mario finally shows up.

I wasn't sold on vr as the future until I played a few games with the rift and the touch controllers.
The controllers make the experience.
Haven't tried the psvr

Dude, stop it!! You're going to make me buy one :)
Honestly Chris, if you like driving games it will blow you away. You sit there in the seat and can't stop yourself from reaching out and trying to touch stuff. It is unbelievable to play a racing game and move your head to glance in the mirrors.

I did a race earlier in a BAC open cockpit car. After the race I watched the replay and it shows you the replay from within the cockpit. However it isn't restricted to what you were looking at when you raced. The car performs exactly as you raced it but you have freedom of view as a passenger. I actually stood up in the car and turned around to face backwards to look at the cars I had overtaken. :clap:

Have you tried Resident Evil yet? Also, how is Driveclub in terms of motion sickness? I heard it's one of the games that makes people ill.

Have you tried Resident Evil yet? Also, how is Driveclub in terms of motion sickness? I heard it's one of the games that makes people ill.
Haven't tried Resident Evil yet. Will try tomorrow.

Before I bought it I was worried about motion sickness as I get the occaisional dizzy spell anyway. I've played it for two solid hours and not experienced it once.
I'd love a golf game on it.

That's good to know :thumbs: What's your favourite game so far.....DriveClub?
Absolutely. Looking around the car is so cool it's scary.
Just had a race with a Catherham. It had no mirrors so I had to keep looked no right over my shoulder and looking behind me to see where the other cars were. It's so, so, so good.

Absolutely. Looking around the car is so cool it's scary.
Just had a race with a Catherham. It had no mirrors so I had to keep looked no right over my shoulder and looking behind me to see where the other cars were. It's so, so, so good.
Watched a clip online. Before the race you can look over your shoulder and catch a glimpse of the smoke from your burnout. Pretty bloody cool. I really do fancy it, but I'd imagine it would be a gimmick that I'd play once. I'd of done the same if i had the vouchers though.

Watched a clip online. Before the race you can look over your shoulder and catch a glimpse of the smoke from your burnout. Pretty bloody cool. I really do fancy it, but I'd imagine it would be a gimmick that I'd play once. I'd of done the same if i had the vouchers though.
I started a race and the car in front of me got too much wheel spin, driving through the smoke was amazing. I cannot begin to describe what it looks like when you are right behind a car going through a series of corners.

If it were just stuff like Nintendo WII games (heading a football etc) it would tire quickly. But Driveclub has convinced me that the potential is massive. I can't wait for a golf game.

You're doing a bloody good job of convincing me I need one
Just played the Star Wars Battlefront VR mission. Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans. You are actually sat in the cockpit of an X-Wing. You look around and all the switches and buttons work. I pressed one button and the targeting computer from the first film comes forward and deploys in front of you. You turn and look behind and you can see your R2 unit. Then when you actually get in space ! There are asteroids as big as buildings.
It is so totally immersive I am not going to acknowledge my wife and daughter today unless they call me Red Leader.

Last edited:
Lol red leader! Have you got battlezone? It's freaking epic and yes the Apollo XI "game" is superb and mostly accurate. There is another game where you race buggys or something (name escapes me) when it was on I stopped the car - put the headset on my 4 year old grand daughter and she loved looking around / it was so cute - she asked where I was and where she was - she wouldn't take it off even though she was just looking round the scenery in a desert/mountain race track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, you guys are talking about stuff i've never even seen, let alone experienced.
so you put some kind of visor on to play a driving game, and it recognises your head movements? sounds like fun.

Lol red leader! Have you got battlezone? It's freaking epic and yes the Apollo XI "game" is superb and mostly accurate. There is another game where you race buggys or something (name escapes me) when it was on I stopped the car - put the headset on my 4 year old grand daughter and she loved looking around / it was so cute - she asked where I was and where she was - she wouldn't take it off even though she was just looking round the scenery in a desert/mountain race track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't got Battlezone yet but it is on the list.
You will have to get your grand daughter to see the little robots from VR playroom.

wow, you guys are talking about stuff i've never even seen, let alone experienced.
so you put some kind of visor on to play a driving game, and it recognises your head movements? sounds like fun.
It doesn't just recognise head movement Dan you have full 360 degree vision too.

Back
Top Bottom