What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

Got a couple of new issues with my DI.

1. Phantom ball kicked into play. Anyone had this. Game is playing normally, and then for no obvious reason another ball is kicked in to play. It's definitely not a multiball, but the result is that two balls are in play. When the first ball drains nothing happens though, and the remaining ball can continue to be played normally till it drains.

2. I seem to have the phantom screen going negative / oversaturated/fuzzy/completely blank problem. Rebooting seems to fix it for a bit, so I assume this is not a loose connection, or rebooting wouldn't help. Am I right in thinking I need to get a replacement screen from Phil?

This is EMP guy:

EMP guy.JPG

and this is the icon screen:

icons.JPG

Thanks for any advices...

I haven't had the extra ball in play problem. Definitely contact Phil and see what he says about the screen, it's clearly a problem affecting a lot of people. You could do what I suggested to @Sven a few posts ago, that is swap the vga cables over at the bottom of the pc thus sending the theatre video to the phone and vice versa to see if its the video output or the phone screen.

Last edited:
Got a couple of new issues with my DI.

1. Phantom ball kicked into play. Anyone had this. Game is playing normally, and then for no obvious reason another ball is kicked in to play. It's definitely not a multiball, but the result is that two balls are in play. When the first ball drains nothing happens though, and the remaining ball can continue to be played normally till it drains.

2. I seem to have the phantom screen going negative / oversaturated/fuzzy/completely blank problem. Rebooting seems to fix it for a bit, so I assume this is not a loose connection, or rebooting wouldn't help. Am I right in thinking I need to get a replacement screen from Phil?

This is EMP guy:

View attachment 56594

and this is the icon screen:

View attachment 56595

Thanks for any advices...
That is exactly what happens with mine and had been doing for a month. No amount of cable changing or tightening changes it, but rebooting always does (at least temporarily). Has anyone logged a ticket with JJP on this, or is the best process to log it with Phil?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You're describing a typical trough opto issue on modern games. Does DI use opto's for the trough? If so I'd look at cleaning them first...

we realised that the lights on the bob sign were wired wrong.

Just realised mine are too :D, never noticed before but then with the sign facing the wrong way and the fact that the playfield insert tells you by colour which bob mode is lit I've never actually looked at the sign. Sign now re positioned and connectors swapped.

Swapped the vga display cables and the problem goes away (as far as I can tell). the difference is that the theater one isn't on all the time. I suspect it's powering off and isn't getting a power on instruction as it would do for the other screen.
I'll wait for now and see if the next code update fixes it.

Hi guys, Happy new year!!!

I finally fitted the new apron and hangars that Phil sent me, and managed to get the back box open with some brute force. I wanted to see why the camera wasn't being recognised and to see if I could sort the sounds issue.

Firstly the camera was pretty obvious - smashed to bits!!!

so that drop was more dramatic then first thought!!!

IMG_2702[2].JPG

Secondly I wanted try and sort the weird sound issue which was PC related, so I took the cover off the PC to be greeted by a bolt which had fell out from holding the motherboard in !!! I replaced and checked the rest - none of them had been tightened at all, and another was completely missing!!! another poor QC issue for JJP me thinks. On nipping all the bolts up, sound issue was resolved, so I guess this was an issue with the motherboard not being properly grounded!

I have also had some in game issues were it kicks another ball into play and also randomly ends a ball during game play. This started happening with every ball and even continued after a re-boot !!! Second re-boot and it has stopped - very weird.

Another issue yesterday was during game play ALL the screens went out!!!! and luckily my son captured this on his phone to prove it. had to re-boot machine again to get them back!!!

here's the pic

IMG_2704[1].JPG

Suppose we should bear in mind that this machine had been dropped, but I suspect there are still code issues and I am on the old code. Now I can open the back box I may have a go at updating the code.

Is 1.52 the latest chaps ?

Cheers

kev

Yes was easy Kev, once I realised the usb extension was hanging out of the pc. Just follow the instructions. What version are you on? I think you may have to do a full install of 1.5 first then a delta upgrade to 1.52.

Yes was easy Kev, once I realised the usb extension was hanging out of the pc. Just follow the instructions. What version are you on? I think you may have to do a full install of 1.5 first then a delta upgrade to 1.52.
I am on the one it came with - not sure which it is. I will DL 1.5 as well then and do that first

Cheers

kev

Should say on the screen when you boot up Kev, think its at the top of the screen listing the displays that's been detected.

so tried to do the update to 1.5 tonight and it doesnt even see the usb stick - anyone any ideas ?

ok so used a 4gb cheap crappy usb stick and it worked fine!!!! but guess where the upgrade appeared on the bloody theater screen sideways!!!!! this machine gets more screwy by the minute - deffo been dropped on it's head this one. Anyway it has worked.

cant be ****d with 1.52 now tonight so that will be tomorrow!!!

Already notice what seems a weird issue - on the first multiball I got it locked one of the balls in station 3 and said ball 1 locked!!! then when I lost my ball it released back into play - is that normal ????

Cheers

kev

Not sure about the last issue Kev but the update displaying on the theatre screen is normal, I believe it pops up on whichever display is detected first.

Somebody needs to help me out with Dialed In, as I can't work out how my ball is ending up coming out of the left orbit, when I shoot the right orbit/ramp. When I look at the way that right orbit curls , there is a ledge which is 1-2 cm higher up the wall, but this would mean that when turning the right bend behind the pops and theater it is launching 2 cm off the ground and cleanly flying through that hole? How is that possible? I either have a ball that won't make that turn, or miraculously flies to the come past the trapdoor and out the right, but rarely ever makes the return to the right flipper as it should. Anyone had problems with this right ramp and the turn and what did you do to correct it? I think someone early on mentioned bending the ramp? What exactly did that entail? Mat

Somebody needs to help me out with Dialed In, as I can't work out how my ball is ending up coming out of the left orbit, when I shoot the right orbit/ramp. When I look at the way that right orbit curls , there is a ledge which is 1-2 cm higher up the wall, but this would mean that when turning the right bend behind the pops and theater it is launching 2 cm off the ground and cleanly flying through that hole? How is that possible? I either have a ball that won't make that turn, or miraculously flies to the come past the trapdoor and out the right, but rarely ever makes the return to the right flipper as it should. Anyone had problems with this right ramp and the turn and what did you do to correct it? I think someone early on mentioned bending the ramp? What exactly did that entail? Mat
It's a bad design, mine does it occasionally. A fast ball seems to ride up the wall of the curve, wall of death style, and take the exit into the left orbit. They really should have spotted it in the design stage and changed something as it also causes balls not to complete the right orbit/ramp sometimes, catching the little left orbit entrance and rattling. Someone on pinside strategically placed a piece of velcro which worked for him, think it just slowed the ball a little. You could try lowering flipper power too. I've only seen mine complete the right orbit to left orbit a few times but when it does it seems flawless, like it was meant to happen ( but obviously it's not )

Back
Top Bottom