What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

I updated to 1.50 code as soon as I received my game and have had no trouble with the phone screen. When it was updating I had an image on the main screen and the theatre. Perhaps it is something to do with the way the screens are initialised on start up. For those having trouble have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the VGA cables both when its off and when running? I haven't tried as haven't had a problem myself but if you plug in a USB keyboard there may be a setting in the PC BIOS that may help.
A bios fix would be good. I tried lots of things to diagnose mine including the following,
Ran the update again, then went back to 1.13 then updated again
Re-seated connectors both ends
Switched outputs from the pc with theatre screen output, got smartphone video on the theatre screen but nothing on the smartphone
Tried a different VGA cable
Tested for 12v all the way to the smartphone board ( the yellow and black wires )

Reported all this to JJP tech support and they think it needs replacing, but now its happened to Chris too it could well be an update issue ( we previously thought it was just coincidence ) or a screen initialising issue as Aaron suggested above.

I'll leave the bios hacking to someone else :)

I understand from Nick Marshall that Cliffy does proper cliffy's for the 2 holes, so I have ordered 20 sets and will provide free to all owners....

The JJP ones seem to be too thick.

Phil
Yea Cliffy definitely does offer proper Cliffy's for the game, they're just not on his website yet. I was going to ask you to order me a set but providing them free of charge to all owners is a really nice good will gesture Phil. This video shows what is available in the full kit. I'd also like to have the skillshot, switch and shooter lane protectors if possible and more than happy to pay any difference in cost if you have only ordered for the 2 holes.

Only problem I've had (as such) is that the caller videos don't always play and it's static non animated. It doesn't bother me and I'll just wait for whatever fixes come our way. I haven't hammered the game for more than a couple of hours though.

Only problem I've had (as such) is that the caller videos don't always play and it's static non animated. It doesn't bother me and I'll just wait for whatever fixes come our way. I haven't hammered the game for more than a couple of hours though.
Pretty sure that's how it supposed to be at the moment, no doubt they will be animated in a future code update though.

I understand from Nick Marshall that Cliffy does proper cliffy's for the 2 holes, so I have ordered 20 sets and will provide free to all owners....

The JJP ones seem to be too thick.

Phil
Nice one Phil - top man :clap:

Not sure what you mean here. The callers on the phone screen are definitely animated, as in you see their mouths move etc etc. Not a static image.

On a separate note, anyone going to remove their hole protectors now and leave them unprotected until Phil's Cliffys arrive? I am wondering whether is is better to leave them and risk more ball/playfield damage if the protectors are the cause, or to remove them and risk hole damage.

Not sure what you mean here. The callers on the phone screen are definitely animated, as in you see their mouths move etc etc. Not a static image.

On a separate note, anyone going to remove their hole protectors now and leave them unprotected until Phil's Cliffys arrive? I am wondering whether is is better to leave them and risk more ball/playfield damage if the protectors are the cause, or to remove them and risk hole damage.

Exactly that, i'm not sure if it's supposed to all be animated. Some do, some don't, I'd assumed it's a software error, although it doesn't wind me up.

I'll leave protectors on until some others (kindly) turn up.

Daft question guys - but if the protectors are to blame here from being too thick, how come all seems to be ok with Stern balls fitted ?

Daft question guys - but if the protectors are to blame here from being too thick, how come all seems to be ok with Stern balls fitted ?
mine rejects a lot less since I novused the playfield. I'd imagine it's rolling faster. maybe there a minute weight difference in the balls. i also put in andy's carbon steel ones. Might be worth weighing them and seeing if there's any difference.

Mine has a lot of interference coming through the speakers on attract mode - but there again I'm not surprised!!!

My WOZ is like this, the whiter the playfield lights, the noisier it is. I did read up about it at the time and there are a few thing to lessen it but as I don't notice it whilst playing I left it all alone.

I emailed Cliff yesterday regarding the protectors.
He did did mention Phil had bought 20 sets and had a lot of orders for the DI kit.

The whole D.I kit (phone scoop, Sim hole, skill hole, trough kickout, roll overs below the wirforms) is $109.

In a home environment I think the 2 hole protectors will be fine.

Another great aftercare service from PH.
Thanks Phil!

I've found the machine plays better ( for a me ) a bit steeper than the recommended 6.5 degrees ( bubble on 2nd line ) I took it up to the 3rd line, plays nicer.

I notice default tilt warnings are per game which I thought unusual, you can change it to per ball which is normal for all other machines isn't it? I'm not a huge mover of machines but may help others who do try to put them through the wall :D

Last edited:
3 tilts per game is the default setting on all JJP’s games, a bit mean as is the ball saver.

3 tilts per game is the default setting on all JJP’s games, a bit mean as is the ball saver.
One nice thing I've noticed is if the kickback fails to save the ball ( happens on all machines due to varying balls speed when it gets to the kickback ) ball save kicks in and gives you the ball back, like a virtual kickback in other words. I haven't noticed that before on other machines with a physical kickback.

I think that was added on the latest update for TH, it used to be a frustrating ball loss.

Think I sorted the right ramp rejects, I turned the flipper coil power down a little on both lower flippers. Had a few games this evening with no rejects. Still able to make both ramps easily.

It's good that each coil has its own power setting. I've done the same on WOZ with the VUK, slings and flippers after a few airballs etc. I give them just enough power to do their job, but no more.

Also on the GBLE I had (now just sold) I had to edit the left coil kick (where you get extra ball) to 35 or something as anything higher would send it STDM.

Back
Top Bottom