What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things BOP 2.0 and Dutch even wooden shoes

All this talk of BoP 2.0 is making me more impatient :-<

I'm waiting on Cointaker's (3rd) batch of 2.0 kits. Supposedly about 7 weeks to wait now ...

Have stripped my Bride again because I get a new Playfield end of the week. Also decided to re- spray the apron because the red and yellow colour doesn't fit with the new decals. Will post some photos when I'm done

It is indeed. My 1st order I made at planetary pinball because I didn't had a clue that you could order directly from Peter. Planetary pinball gave me the option to cancel my order. I Did cancelled and ordered from Peter in Germany.

Guessing you're rather far ahead of me in the list. Could really do with it soon, as Manny is soon to do my BoP cabinet.

I did refurbished my old playfield and cabinet but after all the work I decided to get a new playfield. Still to come, new ramps and plastic set.

Guessing you're rather far ahead of me in the list. Could really do with it soon, as Manny is soon to do my BoP cabinet.

Odd, as I contacted Peter direct. Told him that I had discovered my original was toast and that I urgently needed one if there were any left. He sold me the last one and I had it 3 days later. Now swapped and living in my fuly restored BOP 2.0 (that last cabinet picture is of mine, NOT Manny's work).

Odd, as I contacted Peter direct. Told him that I had discovered my original was toast and that I urgently needed one if there were any left. He sold me the last one and I had it 3 days later. Now swapped and living in my fuly restored BOP 2.0 (that last cabinet picture is of mine, NOT Manny's work).

I ordered one of the prototype-type PFs, so I guess that's the issue. He's only doing a handful.

Which photo?

Having just converted to BoP 2.0 I am having some teething issues.

I can hear what I thought was a motor noise from the game every few seconds, upon further investigation I found it was the right sling-shot coil, 2 of the pops & the sling in that aera as touching it I found it would vibrate a bit when the noise happened.

As such there must be power 'leakage' as it must be getting a bit of power from somewhere.

I did put a new Power Driver board in the BoP and did test it before upgrading to 2.0 and it worked fine, it's a PinLED board.

This only happens when in 2.0, and does not happen in the emulated original BoP game.

It happens in 1.16 & 1.13 of 2.0

Here is a video of the issue;

Using a meter it looks like a couple of volts on the right sling shot and a couple of the pops and sling by the pops.
Would appear to go with the light show but also starts when the lamps are off and the 2.0 is almost booted up.

Have a look here Julian. I had a fault on these switches last week (non working pops, sling shots, spinner and shooter lane switch).
file.jpg

I'm also having an issue with the ball lock, what is happening is the ball comes in to be locked, but manages to get over the post!

I've replaced the spring, which made it a tad better but still say 1 in 3 it gets over it.

It's worse when a ball is already locked as the 2nd one added to the weight and pushes the first one out!

It did not do this on the original as I believe balls went into the mouth or eye and did not have that far to build up speed, as they now enter the top of the head and proceed into the lock area.

Anyone else getting this? or got suggestions?

That has never happened on mine.

OK, very odd, I have an angle of 6.5 degrees, I may bring it down to 6 and see if that helps, I've also ordered a new disappearing post as the bride one from what I can see should be 13cm but the getaway one is 15cm.
Alos wonder if the wire form is a little too high hence the post not high enough to always capture the balls (if the ball is moving quite fast then it will get over it as the spring compresses a tad and pop its over and out).

I guess this issue will be fixed by doing a few of the above, I'm also going to try a nubbin on the post tonight.

Hey Replay could you please take a photo of your post with a ball in it, I'd like to compare how far up the ball your one sits.

Cheers

Hey Replay could you please take a photo of your post with a ball in it, I'd like to compare how far up the ball your one sits.

Cheers
pm an email.
I can't post photos here - no idea why but getting new computer soon as mine is 2010!

Beta code update today.

Modes to continue after MB is a huge and welcome change:)

Liking the game way more than I did and the fruit machine mode is awesome:clap:

Beta Version 1.17 - August 5th 2016

Rules:
- If a wheel mode is interupted by a multiball, it will now continue after the
multiball has ended.
- During wheel modes, shooting the scoop (if not lit for a shot) now adds 5
seconds to the remaining mode time. A setting to tweak this time was added:
"Adjustments Menu -> Rules -> Wheel -> Scoop time added".
- The default amount of jackpots needed to complete Multiball 1 has been
reduced to 3. This is still a setting that can be set anywhere from 1 to 10.
- The default amount of PIN*BOT letters that are pre-lit has been raised to 3.
This means videomode is easier to lite the first time. This is still a
setting that can be set anywhere from 0 to 6.

Improvements:
- Live DMD is now also updating during PinMAME emulation.
- Holding the start button can now remove the last player from a game if he is
still at 00 points (useful for any accidental player additions).
- Holding the start button is now visualized by a popup that tells you what
action is being executed (removing player, stopping game, to game launcher).
- To enter profile selection during skillshot you now have to hold the right
flipper button, to minimize accidental entering of the profile menu. This is
now also visualized by a popup.
- After selecting a profile you can now enter a "Profile Info" menu with the
right flipper button. This lets you view your highscores and trophies, and
let's you update your profile or logout.
- Trophies used to be either 1, 2 or 3 stars. This has now changed to bronze,
silver, gold and platinum. The platinum trophy is awarded when the player
has collected all other trophies.
- Updated animations for "Extra Ball" mode so the 4 screen panels now better
match the orange extra ball inserts.

Service menu:
- Added 3 settings to "Adjustment Menu -> Start Button". To enable or disable
the functions for holding the start button. Useful for operators or tour-
naments where you want to disable restarts or access to PinMAME software.
- Added "Software Menu -> Current version -> Factory Reset" menu item, which
performs a factory reset for the current version, resetting all settings,
audits, highscores & profiles.
- If you experienced a delay when entering the service menu this was likely
caused by the player profiles menu being repopulated every time. To fix this
delay we now only load the player profiles when this item is selected.

Bugfixes:
- PinMAME emulation did not show periods (commas were fine).
- Game/skillshot "Planet PIN*BOT" intro would keep showing for subsequent
skillshots if it wasn't watched till the end previously. Also it was missing
the voicecall since version 1.14. Now added 2 alternative "welcome back"
voicecalls for subsequent games.
- Trophy title only showing half or not at all during bonus countdown.

Well, the beta testers are testing and with DP, these things can take a long time. But, it will mean the code will be way more enjoyable so worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom