What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things BOP 2.0 and Dutch even wooden shoes

D

Deleted member 181

Thought it might be worth starting a thread for BOP 2.0 and Dutch pinball stuff

So first off my one is ****ed already due to some bag of crapola programming that allows the head to spin during multi ball, so when you make a jackpot shot it dumps the ball into the metal box thing that houses the heads!!!
First time it happened I went mad trying to find the ball and came to the conclusion this is what happend so I chucked another ball in and the game started again.
Then had an epic multi ball and witnessed all the balls disappear and never come back .. Occasionally one would get spat out the big wheel scoop but as of now I have four balls in the box and I am not confident about taking it apart so it's a pretty looking door wedge at the moment.
Anyone had that issue??

Lol. Just keep sticking new balls in mate!! To be fair that box is only about 6 screws. It only guards the head mechanism and theoretically not needed. But obviously someone aray there!

I'm fairly sure that's not meant to happen ... sounds like a hardware or setup issue. I seriously doubt if that was a software issue (at least a constant one) we'd have not seen it crapping out on the 2 or 3 recent BoP 2.0 livestreams.

Try posting on the BoP 2.0 pinside thread. A number of people that post in it are quite knowledgeable about setup.

Any balls that fall into that box should be ejected via the big wheel. That in itself is a problem.

Check the join between the housing and eject weldment allows for freeflowing balls. There might be a ridge or inverse overlap of the metal causing balls to get stuck.

And yes it's easy to unscrew. Easier than installing the kit I'd say!

Hth..

Tim

Yeah I thought maybe there was something wrong when an occasionall ball would be kicked out.
I will have look at opening it up once I run out of spare pinballs to keep feeding it :rofl:

Never heard of that issue on here -

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=d40a7bafffdd83d7364d9a4a708f9bed

Haven't got mine set up as have wrong power lead so waiting - again:confused:

It is a real common issue for BOP heads to spin. And just saw this -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brides-face-rotates-endlessly#post-2899348

And my BOP had this issue but soldering the joints - re-flowing sorted it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repair-log#post-2216237

When I finally get my 2.0 up and running I will see if it works!

Odd head behaviour is normally dry solder on the head relay. Located under the playfield towards the top left corner or if you have the pf raised it'll be the bottom left!!

getting away from Will's multi multi ball problem.
I played this at Phil Dixon's last Thursday and have to say it is a brilliant the way it has changed the game.
The sound is great, the rules make use of the whole playfield (and intuitively make sense) but the graphics really are out of this world. Just shows what Stern could be doing.

Thanks to Helmut for letting us come over and play on his beautiful BOP2.0 on the weekend. It is a labour of love that he has worked tirelessly on and it's truly something very special.

The game is amazing, just spectacular, forcing you to make all the shots, playing the whole of the machine instead of just shooting the ramp over and over. It is brutal and has so many cool rules and nuances to it. Also the sound is amazing.

It definitely has that one more game, completely addictive nature to it. Can't wait to play it again

I know what you mean Craig, last Thursday just couldn't get enough of it. Had AcDc, Tron, Xmen, (All with colour DMDs) plus Kiss & T3 all sat that waiting to be played but chose BoP over and over again.
Hope they do the same with some other games of the same era, as well as new builds. Can think of so many games which could be vastly improved with a similar remake. Hurricane & Bad Cats to name just two.

Yep, that ball should just roll out of the box under the head and into the under playfield vuk on the left that controls the wheel. Sounds like its getting stuck and not rolling into the vuk.

@Will , I had the same issue with the head. The head was permanently turning and the balls ended up in the cabinet. I find out that the head position was wrong. On Bride of Pinbot it is face one (open mouth). Bop 2.0 it is a bit different and confusing. Go in adjustment (head adjustment) and put it on face 1 it should then turn to face 3 (robot face 1 before the pretty face) and save it. During Multiball 1 it turns to the original face 1 (open mouth). Multiball 2 the head turns to face 2 (eye ball face). Is a bit confusing because there is no game manual but as you play the game it explains it (download the game schematic from Dutch pinball. If you got any other problems, send me a pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the suggestions, I did try that with the faces the other day and it sorted the issue out

Alas bride left my house today :(
As I bought a new car and something had to give ... Stupid sensible decisions make me sad

Did anyone bet 2 weeks? :D

:oops: I know , I know . Needed the cash out of it ... It's sucky as its dead money as well , as we all know if you don't stick the cash back into a pin it's just gone, so gutted as wanted to get ghostbusters not a stupid car .

if anyone wants to try a bop2 come to 8bitflip today and try the one we have here,along with hobbit and ma y more great games

Nearly got mine up and running! Think I need to update the BIOS....... as if I know what that even is.....:confused:

Early thoughts - game feels way more current than any of the recent Sterns - colour dots/music/sound totally immersive. Very futuristic.

Rules - no idea at this point.

This mod is a must and very easy to fit - no more flipper noise on video mode etc.

http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/aux-flipper-switch-hookup-board/

Got mine working.

Feels like a 2016 game - a lot more modern in some ways than my TWD.

Sound and gameplay is very immersive.

Only downside is the difficulty.

No way , ever would I complete this game on factory settings. That is not saying much as true of most games:oops:

But, it is tough. Might have to make some adjustments;)

Lol, it is definitely a big challenge and much more as on some other games though. So many ways to play Bob 2.0. Got mine set up on 4 Balls no extra Balls and managed to get 170 Mio after loads of frustrating games.

BOP is brilliant. Was playing it last nite after a bit of a break. Almost got to the billionaire club. Got a bit of a sweat on and couldn't get the ball up the middle ramp :-( The strange this is I seldom manage to get up the shuttle ramp with the left flipper. But I did last nite. Fecking awesome.. Actually have found new love for my TZ. Feck that is a goliath of a machine..

Back
Top Bottom