What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
hearing a lot about overheating magnets on this... will get to play it next weekend \o/

They have a premium at Logan so will head there on Monday

Reactions: Jib
unfortunately I didn't make it to Logan but I did get alot more time on a pro.

Firstly, TURN DOWN THE FREAKING LIGHT ON THE BACK BOX WHEN A GAME IS IN PLAY!!!

Because so many of the crucial shots are quite far at the back the glare from the backbox is a killer for me (partly because of my glasses).

This game is easily the hardest game Stern has put out _ever_ in my view.

It is +incredibly challenging+ and I predict those who don't like tough games will bail shortly after opening the box. The shots are tough to find but then you've got to link the shots together with other tough shots that are not naturally were you might put them. The GOAT has thought very carefully about this in my view and I love it because of that. The upper flipper is fantastic because no two shots off it are the same, notably when the magnet routes the ball to the upper flipper and in multi-ball in particular your ability to cope with that becomes super important. The music and sounds are great but I think the call outs could be a little better at guiding you what to do, and some of the pointers to what's going to happen are a little bit subdued.

One thing that needs careful adjustment is the roll down from the plunge to the inland - often that Borged me and that is pretty frustrating.

The achievements are a bit meh in my view and the login system is a little clunky but its cool that it auto puts in your name etc on the LCD screen.

Neil.

Because so many of the crucial shots are quite far at the back the glare from the backbox is a killer for me (partly because of my glasses).

It is +incredibly challenging+ and I predict those who don't like tough games will bail shortly after opening the box. The shots are tough to find but then you've got to link the shots together with other tough shots that are not naturally were you might put them. The GOAT has thought very carefully about this in my view and I love it because of that. The upper flipper is fantastic because no two shots off it are the same, notably when the magnet routes the ball to the upper flipper and in multi-ball in particular your ability to cope with that becomes super important. The music and sounds are great but I think the call outs could be a little better at guiding you what to do, and some of the pointers to what's going to happen are a little bit subdued.

One thing that needs careful adjustment is the roll down from the plunge to the inland - often that Borged me and that is pretty frustrating.

The achievements are a bit meh in my view and the login system is a little clunky but its cool that it auto puts in your name etc on the LCD screen.

Neil.

Nice mate, great to hear your initial thoughts.

Was there some big scores on it over the 4 days? With the personnel in attendance were there players blowing it up over a billion? What was the general consensus from the others at the tournament?

That’s as far as it goes for now 😁
They are getting it ready for Funland at the Brunswick Center in London.
It should be ready to play later on today

Neil.

Sounds like the people that can't shoot J-Park are ****ed

Ray put 649,988,150 on it after a few attempts. The magnet overheating is a real issue also I had it happen to me.

Byers put on 619,714,220
Carlos put almost a billion on it 902,293,170 but he played it all day on stream.
Tom put 224,858,860 on it

I think the other thing to note is that the code is super early, lots more to come.

But yeah if you struggled with JP2 you aren't going to like this.

I think most people liked it but there were a few that found it unintuitive into how you start modes or multi balls which I think is partly linked to my point above about call outs and signage of what to do. I suspect an early code issue.

My strategy was charge Godzilla's heat ray middle spinner shot
get Godzilla MB ready (bash the building), bring in one of Godzilla's buddies (lower spinner then the scoop, the scoop is freaking hard), start GZ multi ball. hit the heat ray - BOOOM 50M! The pro is pretty mechless though and the flat plastics are **** poor so if you like mechs and ****, crash out the spondulicks.

Neil.

Apologies for side-tracking, but is there a particular reason for the 'Jet Fighter' icon in the stats screen seeming quite an older aircraft? I suppose Godzilla got started in the fifties, so that might be it.

chris looks awfully nicely boxed up to have been at a show in Spain?

heard a rumour there might be limited shipments until 2022!

Back
Top Bottom