What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
£3k is a big drop too.

that is also very true, I suppose a great conundrum.
i go with le or premiums usually, but was very impressed at pinfest with Gonz’s pro and asked what it was ?
so I look forward to seeing how people pimp their pros, but that is a lot of real estate to get over in my mind

I look at potential depreciation as much as price tag. Never say never but my days of spending £7k+ on a Pinball machine are over, it's Pros or used for me.

After having AIQ premium now for a few weeks I can honestly say I’d be more than happy with the Pro as the subway is pointless and the Capt Marvel ramp looks nice but rejects a hell of a lot.
However Loosing the tower, mecha godzilla and the breakaway ramp are just a bridge too far for me (pun intended)
After watching Jack Dangers reveal stream twice playing the premium I look forward to seeing how the pro compares.
I know it will still flow well but in terms of gimping I think it suffered a hell of a lot more than AIQ does.

I love those ramps.

I must admit that the narrators voice gets on my t!ts already 😂
Gonzo, that's exactly my thoughts when I heard it in the advert and when I watch Deadflip. I had to turn the volume off in the end. I do Love some of the toy's and I think it will shoot well (better than I can play right now).

Gonzo, that's exactly my thoughts when I heard it in the advert and when I watch Deadflip. I had to turn the volume off in the end. I do Love some of the toy's and I think it will shoot well (better than I can play right now).
I must be in a minority and love the cheesy’ness of the narration.
Remember It’s early code and lots can mature and blossom on later iterations so I’m not too concerned it get boring and repetitive as stern usually nails stuff like this.

To be perfectly honest I doubt it will make too much difference. Jurassic Park might be the best game ever made and I'd buy it back in a heartbeat but the call-outs are horrendous. That whole Nedri sequence was awful.

Then you have AIQ which is as good as any game in my opinion and will go down as a classic. The sound package is pure turd though but as with JP you suffer it until someone comes up with a patch because the games are just so good.

So Elwin producing another game with nauseating call-outs is no massive shock really (don't get me started on Maiden 😂). The game will be fantastic though and I doubt it will suffer as a result of the noise from the speakers.

Mandalorian & Stranger Things have a much better library of sound clips to work from and it shows from the moment you switch them on. That being said I doubt either will be as good as Godzilla.

To be perfectly honest I doubt it will make too much difference. Jurassic Park might be the best game ever made and I'd buy it back in a heartbeat but the call-outs are horrendous. That whole Nedri sequence was awful.

Then you have AIQ which is as good as any game in my opinion and will go down as a classic. The sound package is pure turd though but as with JP you suffer it until someone comes up with a patch because the games are just so good.

So Elwin producing another game with nauseating call-outs is no massive shock really (don't get me started on Maiden 😂). The game will be fantastic though and I doubt it will suffer as a result of the noise from the speakers.

Mandalorian & Stranger Things have a much better library of sound clips to work from and it shows from the moment you switch them on. That being said I doubt either will be as good as Godzilla.
Hi Guys

I love JP too have enquired about buying one, would love to be able to shoot Chaos (I think that's Sterns's ironic pointing out how I play), However, I do see your point but have yet to fully experience all the call outs. I am not sure about you, but I am finding it very repetitive and annoying with that guy taking his glasses off at me every 3-5 seconds on the video screen.

I couldn’t agree more.
Once cleland does a complete new sound mix and his mate replaces all the video, the machine is in a line up so you can’t see the sides and you get some better toys from Toys r us Godzilla will be the new flagship title future sterns will be compared to 🤪

I think that the new Connect system will hurt sales. I think that some games have sold more because of what could be done to them..

If the games can’t be updated/modded with new code from people like Cleland, or the guys who put the cartoons into TMNT or JP film into JP2..

Sterns code is going to have to be top notch with every release.

Just watched some of the stream. The Pro looks great fun to me, flows brilliantly well. Was good to see mere mortals on the game, as expected don't think there were more than 2 consecutive loops made, but it looks like an excellent challenge.

As someone who only really cares about the gameplay, I think the Pro looks fantastic fun, certainly comparable to the premium, maybe a little downgrade, but not too much. Although the Mechagodzilla mech on the premium is so much cooler than the pro's spinner, I actually think the Pro will get much more action in that area because it seems much safer. The tower is the big downgrade, the multiball start and phyiscal ball locks on the premium is about a million times cooler than the pro. But from a pure gameplay point of view, the functionality is still all good.

Overall it just looks an awesome game to play. The hundreds of hours of work that has gone into making that magnet function in the way it does is just amazing, it's so creative and truly interactive with the ball. The way it goes through the tower, pulses and flicks the ball up the left orbit to set up a shot with the top left flipper is fantastic.

Obviously still no idea on the rules, but it shoots well. Exciting times

One thing for sure now -> It’s definitely a tough game Jane who was playing is a very very good player and she was finding it hard. Nervous this is going to be JP2 frustration. Agree on the pro the core gameplay is the same you aren’t loosing anything just some of the moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think that the new Connect system will hurt sales. I think that some games have sold more because of what could be done to them..

If the games can’t be updated/modded with new code from people like Cleland, or the guys who put the cartoons into TMNT or JP film into JP2..

Let's wait and see exactly what they've done with security. It was very lax so far, and retrofitting security is hard. Maybe it'll still be possible to mod under certain conditions (e.g. don't connect it to the internet).

It won’t affect any sales, ok maybe two people won’t buy the first game in protest but after that nadda.

And stern won’t do anything different with assets.

Let's wait and see exactly what they've done with security. It was very lax so far, and retrofitting security is hard. Maybe it'll still be possible to mod under certain conditions (e.g. don't connect it to the internet).

They have added a TPM module, so I believe that you’ll need to be running signed code. If that isn’t the case then this new feature is DOA.

Of course you might be able to hack the boot flash on the spike board to boot any code and I suspect that’s not going to be so hard knowing Stern. I’ll have my probe out for sure to keep my 100% record!

Totally agree, the girls played well and showed what a fun game it is.
The lines on the playfield look super and not too many outlane balls lost.
Anyone buying the Pro will not be disappointed, it is a fast flowing game.

It’s going to be fun to compare when they both arrive
But I am sure the pro will be just as much fun to play as the premium I bet the tower multi ball when the balls drop on the playfield most will be sdtm
We always get it’s going to be the best game ever pre release but when it actually arrives and people play it it never is

They have added a TPM module, so I believe that you’ll need to be running signed code. If that isn’t the case then this new feature is DOA.

Of course you might be able to hack the boot flash on the spike board to boot any code and I suspect that’s not going to be so hard knowing Stern. I’ll have my probe out for sure to keep my 100% record!
People can always take the glass off to cheat, what more would hacked code enable?

The i.MX6 chip does support secure boot with PKI authentication of the boot image using a key from fuses, as well as some kind of secure execution environment. So in theory it should be possible to lock it all down, *if* they do it right end-to-end - it only takes one weak link to break the chain. Also, not sure that'll be possible to retrofit to old machines (might need JTAG to program the fuses).

Code images aren't on the website yet - when they are it'll be interesting to take a look and see what's changed.

Anyway this is a discussion for the insider connected thread :) Back on topic I agree the Pro looks like it shoots great. I really like the sides of the playfield, with the lanes behind the 3rd flipper and pop bumper - very original. Compare to TMNT's wide standups! It does look like a tight shooter though...

Those girls were throwing that machine around! Jeez 😆

Pro looks great, miss some of the cool moments but no gameplay. Either way I think people will be happy, if you go pro still a great machine for 3k cheaper, if you go premium it has enough cool toys to make the extra seem worth it

It’s not about the cheating of the game. It’s all about the hacking of the game, data and anything else you can get out of the system.

Looking at it from that angle, it's hard to see how the right ramp is *not* makable from the upper flipper.

Looking at it from that angle, it's hard to see how the right ramp is *not* makable from the upper flipper.

I agree mate. I think it could make a huge difference.

I'm guessing the tower building will block the path to No13 but it would be a massive waste of a shot if that ramp is not achievable.

You could make that right ramp shootable from the upper flipper by changing the angle of the flipper itself - but that would look poop. Looking at the streams so far it’s not designed to be shot.
Does seem a waste, A:IQ Pro upper flipper shoots right ramp, Hawkeye Loop, Bullseye target and Captain Marvel spinner!

'zilla's are a shipping

watch this later tonight...

Back
Top Bottom