What's new

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Andy alien looks class look forward to playing it someday any been shipped to Ireland where all the true pinball fans are !!!!

I wish Heighway Pinball nothing but success. Alien looks fabulous, can't wait to try one, might seriously buy one.

Need to try it first though, if you had one on show in your factory I'd come up to see it. Especially if I could order one from stock right there and then, I'm not the pre-order-unseen type.

OK, so now I'm dreaming of having a Full Throttle and an Alien right next to each other. Obviously I've got 27" LCD backboxes, shaker motors, and all the other extras.

My letter to Father Christmas is going to be ambitious this year.

I wish Heighway Pinball nothing but success. Alien looks fabulous, can't wait to try one, might seriously buy one.

Need to try it first though, if you had one on show in your factory I'd come up to see it. Especially if I could order one from stock right there and then, I'm not the pre-order-unseen type.

OK, so now I'm dreaming of having a Full Throttle and an Alien right next to each other. Obviously I've got 27" LCD backboxes, shaker motors, and all the other extras.

My letter to Father Christmas is going to be ambitious this year.

You're more than welcome to visit our factory.

Or, you could visit us at EAG - we plan on having 3-4 Aliens there and 3-4 Full Throttles

Or, you could visit us at EAG - we plan on having 3-4 Aliens there and 3-4 Full Throttles

I'll see you there [emoji2] and hopefully we will get organised to make it a social gathering too. I didn't go last year, first I missed in ages, but with all the recent activity, this one should be fantastic

I'm hopeful that Heighway Pinball is a great success, but you also have to accept criticism where it's due

There was a public 'spat' nearly 2 years ago where Nordman left your company as he disagreed with your unrealistic timelines. Looks like he was right.

Youre talking about getting games shipped next month yet everyone's going on holiday for the next fortnight and you've just sent a load of pcbs and playfields back overseas because they weren't up to scratch.

You would be better served being honest with your timeframes imo and saying we're are close but it's probably going to be spring until we are all ready to go

With hand tools, you can "feel" when the nut is in place.

SN - is that you Phil? - I hear what you're saying. I'm just very nervous about power tools after such an expensive mistake by an employee.

you could always have them with a fixed torque for set jobs (don't know if that's possible) and have some kind of basic pf protector down to protect from tool slippage just an idea. Id be all over alien if I could afford it. Very nearly took you up on your buy now pay later option after the expo. prob just as well I didn't as they have made people redundant at my place

I'm hopeful that Heighway Pinball is a great success, but you also have to accept criticism where it's due

There was a public 'spat' nearly 2 years ago where Nordman left your company as he disagreed with your unrealistic timelines. Looks like he was right.

Youre talking about getting games shipped next month yet everyone's going on holiday for the next fortnight and you've just sent a load of pcbs and playfields back overseas because they weren't up to scratch.

You would be better served being honest with your timeframes imo and saying we're are close but it's probably going to be spring until we are all ready to go

No problem Jonathan - criticise away

There's 2 sides to the Dennis Nordman story - but I won't publish my side of the story.

Yes the game has had big delays - but the game is way better as a result. Wouldn't you rather wait for a game that can truly do justice to the films?

As for timings - China still works over Christmas. Pretty much everything outstanding will be waiting for us by 3rd January

@Heighway Pinball

Andy,

I emailed you in September about this but never heard back. Assumed you were up to your neck in it (understandably!!)

That'd be great though if you're up for it. Maybe we can discuss some presentation technicals on email?

Tim

Sorry Tim, we had big email problems for months - and lots of emails slipped through the net.

The situation has been fixed now, although I still miss the occasional email unfortunately. Comes from receiving about 500 emails a day!

Andy, please please ignore any negative comments here or on any forum, social network etc.

I, like practically all other guys in this crazy hobby love what you are doing, wish you well and probably all wish we were doing it ourselves. Full Throttle was a great first game and I can't wait to play Aliens. I have been to your factory (or the last one??) and met you a few times at various events. You must have passion to go to the extent of actually producing a game and every time I've met you, the passion shows. Keep up the great work and hopefully success will naturally follow.

Andy, please please ignore any negative comments here or on any forum, social network etc.

I, like practically all other guys in this crazy hobby love what you are doing, wish you well and probably all wish we were doing it ourselves. Full Throttle was a great first game and I can't wait to play Aliens. I have been to your factory (or the last one??) and met you a few times at various events. You must have passion to go to the extent of actually producing a game and every time I've met you, the passion shows. Keep up the great work and hopefully success will naturally follow.
Agreed, what CEO would drive a huge van around to pick up donation pins for a party he's hosting? That's how I met Andy, a down to fella with a passion for the pin. Keep up the good work and ignore the haters....no fledgling company ran smooth so of course there has been hurdles, shame people can latch onto these instead of all the good Andy has brough to this ridiculous hobby!

Andy, don't know if you have seen any of the live Twitch streams that Tim has done but they are presented very well and the camera and audio rig is something to behold!

Don't be suprised, Andy. I got burned on Predator too (WW3 in my house over it, had to move out for a while- f**king horrible time). Not that i would say anything bad about you but i really dislike the preorder model and feel it is my duty to warn others when parting with their money.

I like you, i like what you're doing, and i like your machines. Sorry you felt my comments came across as 'only in it for cash', that's not what i meant. I know you're a passionate fella, but i stand by what i said. They are not just directed at you, but any company offering a preorder model of business for anything whatsoever. The safety net of locked down cash makes future decisions easier or more palatable than the unknown future of finding funds by other means. I could go on, but this is all from my limited view as a consumer who cares about weeks/months of earache off the missus, missing other games due to funds being tied up, and the possibility of losing money on a VERY expensive purchase.

Thing is, once you have the money and delays happen, some people will get tired, bored, and apathetic towards their new purchase. After a while, they no longer care and anger/resentment builds. Soon, they look to get their satisfaction elsewhere. Life is just too short to be waiting and waiting.

One day i'd love to own one of your machines and will do so the day i see a 'buy now, collect now' option on your site.

Alien will do well, no doubt about it.

What about game #3 then? I'm excited to hear what that could be.

The Blues Brothers - or Evil Dead - epic if hard to get the rights.

I am looking to go this year to EAG will be great to see the pins form Heighway

Having taught a few apprentice's how to hold a drill and how to use it ,is a god dame nightmare !!
Thay snap the screw heads off ,thay slip of the screw and scratch the surface of the wood, thay over screw / under screw and screw the screw in at angles the list goes on ,it takes tham a very very long time with thousands and thousands of screws to get it right.
To experience what I am trying to say is the next time you chaps are using a drill use your over hand instead ;)

Back
Top Bottom