What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle – UK Shipping To Arrive Soon?

J

James

Alice-Coopers-Nightmare-Castle-1.png

Ever since watching the Bowen Video on Alice Cooper and the more recent video uploaded by Buffalo Pinball I had been thinking to myself that this is a serious – serious game. Spooky pinball (of Total Nuclear Annihilation fame) will only be producing 500 of these worldwide, so if executed well, could become highly coveted machine in any pinball collection, just like its older sibling – Total Nuclear Annihilation. Take a look at those pictures of the playfield and the cabinet below, this is a seriously good looking game too.

• Alice-Cooper-3.jpg
  • Alice-Cooper-1.jpg
  • Alice-Cooper-2.jpg

I absolutely adore horror pinball machines – my top wanted list includes wanting a Tales From the Crypt, a Monster Bash, I currently have Scared Stiff and Bram Stokers Dracula in the collection so already I am switched on to this pinball machine massively.

The aim of the game is to make it through the Nightmare Castle fighting monsters (the games modes) along the way. To progress through the castle to find the monsters, the player must shoot one of the eight shots on main playfield, or eleven if you include the upper playfield, to get into the room with the monster. Once the room with the monster is found, the mode begins. After each mode, the base value of the next mode is raised by 20%, meaning there is some serious scoring potential for those longer games.

The game also features 2 multiballs – Crypt and Frankenstein. Crypt multiball is a single ball lock which can be started by shooting down the target and locking the ball, and either releasing by dropping once more, or dropping the ball down from the upper playfield into the lock. Frankenstein can be started in a similar fashion however the physical lock is on the upper playfield.

With games set to arrive to the U.K. soon, I hope to make a special trip to check this out first hand, the current price tag on Pinball Heaven is sat at £6,995 – so slightly more than a Pro Stern machine, and has a number of optional extras – whether these can be ordered last minute given that shipping seems to be close, is unknown.

• 5 Piece Plastic Protector Set – £25 – Protects your games plastics from monsters… or air balls.
  • Alice Monster Mirrors – £75 – Reflecting all the RGB LED goodness to infinity!
  • Interior Cabinet Decals – £60- Complete the graveyard right in your own game!
  • Scary Blue Powder Coat – £120 – Our standard Silver Vein is stock, jazz it up a notch with some shiny deep blue scary goodness!

Given the fact that Spooky themselves are stating that there are limited numbers of the 500 production machines left for sale, I would imagine that Pinball Heaven won’t have many more of their allocation left, and U.K. numbers of this will be incredibly low.

Conclusion

This horror themed pinball machine from Spooky looks amazing to me, and after playing TNA I have real faith that it is going to be a hit. Something about TNA just felt amazing and even though TNA could have played out as a very repetitive title, every time I have played it I have been completely blown away and had a blast. I hold out really high hopes for Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle. One concern I read a lot about is the number of shots in a standard playfield, I imagine the game is going to feel really tight and claustrophobic – but such as in my Walking Dead Pinball Review – the playfield setup and how the game plays fits in the theme, I imagine if you were running around a nightmare castle battling monsters you would feel pretty claustrophobic too.

Continue reading...

I tried to watch the SDTM video given I’ve got an AC on order. Am I the only one who finds the presenters annoying? Ended up giving up on the video before they even started to look at the machine. Oh well I’ll find out for myself in a couple of months.

I tried to watch the SDTM video given I’ve got an AC on order. Am I the only one who finds the presenters annoying? Ended up giving up on the video before they even started to look at the machine. Oh well I’ll find out for myself in a couple of months.

They are totally annoying. Especially at 7am.

The linked video to Bowen is less annoying, I also watched a video of him at, I think it was Texas Pinball Festival, on stage like he did with TNA, he got to "Billion Dollar Baby" - but I cannot for the life of me find that video, if anyone has it, can you let me know so I can link it in to article please.

Greg's a legend! Love Straight Down the Middle. Alice Cooper looks superb, apparently super tight shots putting some people off but the theming, art, castle progression gameplay and overall package look really great imo

Come on who’s getting on this and inviting me round to play and do a write up!?

Come on who’s getting on this and inviting me round to play and do a write up!?
James if you provide the cash, I'll provide the space and then you can come over and do a review of it 😂 looks like a seriously awesome game, I wasn't too sure at first but I'm warming to it!

I do enjoy watching Greg as he is funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Zach is a bit of douche and seems to think if he doesn't think it, then it's wrong.
The same is with Buffalo. The guy with the beard is cool but Nicks wife is irritating as....
I can't be bothered with all the adverts from their sponsors too.

I'd take a Bowen tutorial any day of the week.

I've said it before but I wish we had a UK channel to cover all the new stuff. Even if we get the pins after the US. It is always good to hear from a British person regarding this fine hobby.

I do enjoy watching Greg as he is funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Zach is a bit of douche and seems to think if he doesn't think it, then it's wrong.
The same is with Buffalo. The guy with the beard is cool but Nicks wife is irritating as....
I can't be bothered with all the adverts from their sponsors too.

I'd take a Bowen tutorial any day of the week.

I've said it before but I wish we had a UK channel to cover all the new stuff. Even if we get the pins after the US. It is always good to hear from a British person regarding this fine hobby.

New stuff is in the domain of @Neil McRae - he doesn't so much do reviews, but certainly gets a good number of new games and (attempts :p) plays them through on his streams - you can find Domino Arcade’s home on Twitch here

I will be taking you up on that offer, and reciprocate of course when in the new house :)

Is there just the one version from spooky or can you add bits to a base model?
This looks pretty packed compared to a stern. Side art looks killer

One basic game but you could then ask for various add ons fitted at the factory

Looks like I should hopefully be getting a delivery just in time for the summer holidays 🤘

I am frickin’ loving this game!
Only caught the start of the stream but the one in Daventry needs a tad more power in the upper flipper and a different magnet pattern for the ball save (both in Settings).

I've had my eye on this Pin from the beginning. Early reviews were less than stellar but now people are getting more time on it and the code is improving, it really seems to be taking off. I've read/heard people are now loving it.

It's something a bit different and the artwork and animations also look fantastic. It's the only recently released Pin that I'd consider buying at the moment.

Early days and helps that I’ve been an Alice fan since my early teens - but it’s terrific fun.
It takes a while to be finding all the shots - but not as long as some would have you believe. There are a lot of them, mind!
The upper playfield is superb.
Even non- pinballing friends get “just one more go” syndrome and team co-op is proving very popular too!

Shots are tight as hell, and probably in a slightly different configuration to usual which makes them that much trickier, but the machine - oh so beautiful and upper playfield is a joy. Definately one that needs a good session on the understand what's going on.

Would have liked to hear the soundtrack at Dav, although the only Alice c song that comes to mind is Poooooison.. Ahhhhh..

Pretyy sure I had spiked hair and was wearing stonewash jeans last I thought of that song

Back
Top Bottom