What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Stapler - which air compressor?

Replay

Site Supporter
Wonder if anyone has any advice?

Bought an air stapler from USA - didn't realize it needed air to work!

Supposed to work best at 70 - 80psi.

So, what would be the cheapest compressor that might work with this?

So far it looks like I need to spend £100 just to get this stapler to work! Long nose to go into a playfield - back of.

81hv2CUPtjL._SL1500_.jpg

Dont forget that it'll run off 120v not 240v!

Joking aside do, we use the same connection sizes as our American cousins?

You'll need an airline too with quick release fittings of course. Something like a 2HP, has to be single phase 240v compressor like this. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-tiger-8250-2hp-24-litre-air-compressor/
Mine is 3HP 150 litre tank, so if you have space and don't need to move it go for one of those, otherwise go for a portable one like in the link above.
Thanks.
Wow, this is a lot of kit just to operate a stapler:(
Wish long nose staplers were electric and could sell the air one.....

And yes, need transformer as well!

Wish I could find an electric long nose stapler - why do they all run off air? :mad:

Air tools are good and cheaper once you've got the compressor sorted. Next you'll be looking for an orbital sander for your cabinet work, and using compressed air to clean things off.

Also would be good other jobs around the house and in the garage.

That's what I'm trying to tell the wife when I start looking for more tools, when I build my games room.

Air tools are good and cheaper once you've got the compressor sorted. Next you'll be looking for an orbital sander for your cabinet work, and using compressed air to clean things off.

Also would be good other jobs around the house and in the garage.

That's what I'm trying to tell the wife when I start looking for more tools, when I build my games room.
True!
And my son says compressor will be good to clean his bike...

Wonder if anyone has any advice?

Bought an air stapler from USA - didn't realize it needed air to work!

Supposed to work best at 70 - 80psi.

So, what would be the cheapest compressor that might work with this?

So far it looks like I need to spend £100 just to get this stapler to work! Long nose to go into a playfield - back of.

View attachment 39321

I would be interested in the stapler if you want to move it on?

Well, it is brand new, never used!
It might be the case I won't be using it as been told of another technique so that I get the ground wire on first so no need for long nose stapler or air.
Will let you know but if it works will sell the air stapler.

PM sent.
Didn't need it in the end due to a different technique. Brand new from USA, can't get them here.

Back
Top Bottom