What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AIQ high score reset issue

NeilG

Registered
Since having AIQ there have been two code updates. Updates 1-03 and recently 1-05.
When I updated to 1-03 a bug appeared where when the grand champion score was beaten the game didn’t always update. I assumed that when the next code update came along this would be fixed. However with the latest code update (1-05) when the grand champion score is beaten this sometimes causes a software reboot and the score is again not being updated.
Has anyone else had or noted this problem or know a fix? Cheers

Thanks Chris. I think this is a good idea. I have had a look at the SD card in the CPU board. It doesn't seem to have much space taken up.? Is this just where things like the high score data is kept i.e. transient data? If so it would mean that there is another place where the full code updates are stored when applied. Bearing in mind the code updates are around 1.8Gb.
Also can I just remove the card and put another one that is blank or should I be copying what is on the SD card to a new SD card before re-inserting?

Thanks for this advice. I have fitted a ‘fast’ 32gb card. I loaded it from the raw update package. The machine seems to have behaved for a good while. Will see this continues. 👍

Mmmm. I think you’re right that it is a s/w bug.
Are Stern developers aware of the problem has it been reported?

Back
Top Bottom