What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afm mothership

Bobbdobalina

Site Supporter
Hi all, I’ve a mothership problem I’d appreciate some guidance on.

The solenoid is very intermittent as is the main green led. I’ve also got a small saucer led that’s not working but I think that’s unrelated so will investigate that separately.

So far I’ve tried both in test and got nothing.

Tested the lamp in another socket and it’s fine.

Took the mechanism cover off and tried in test. It worked occasionally if helped.

The solenoid rod/plunger is moving freely.

Located the two connectors under the playfield and checked for loose connections and unplugging/ re plugged.

The red/green leds around the MS are working correctly.

I’ve looked in the manual but struggling to follow the drawings on this one, whereas followed the STTNG ones quite easily.
Don’t know whether it’s because it’s wpc95.

But anyway I’m stumped and need a little guidance to get my investigation back on track.

Any help very much appreciated f 🛸 🙏

I would check the wiring I have seen it broken before and that would explain the intermittent part also check the flasher holder and make sure there is no cold solder joints

I would check the wiring I have seen it broken before and that would explain the intermittent part also check the flasher holder and make sure there is no cold solder joints
Yeah it just shouts bad connection.
Will trace ,and see what I can find.
May well be the same for the small saucer too.

Thanks for the input 👍

Just another thought that may help my fault finding.

Is there a point where both the solenoid and the main mothership led are on the same connector or do they maybe share a ground somewhere?
It’s just that they are either both working or not.
It’s never one without the other.

The led is flasher so both higher voltage. Just thinking out loud.

Quick update, just fitted a new mothership loom made by @myPinballs

Problem solved, you don’t realise what you’ve got till it’s gone….the exploding saucer is so visually good, it’s only half a pin without it!

Thanks for the feedback and to Jim for saving the day.
Would highly recommend installing one of Jim’s looms if you’re a afm owner 👍

Quick update, just fitted a new mothership loom made by @myPinballs

Problem solved, you don’t realise what you’ve got till it’s gone….the exploding saucer is so visually good, it’s only half a pin without it!

Thanks for the feedback and to Jim for saving the day.
Would highly recommend installing one of Jim’s looms if you’re a afm owner 👍

Excellent news. Glad it saved your game :)

Back
Top Bottom