What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! AFM, CFTBL, The Shadow or, heaven forfend, MM

VeeMonroe

Registered
As above. Looking for an AFM (either original or CGC remake).

Looking to pay less than a new MMr (depending on condition). So, about 2 billion pounds under current exchange rates.

We have cash.

We’re also open to an MM(r) in the unlikely event someone is willing to sell one.

Also open to a CFTBL.

Last edited:
CGC remake AFM LE is selling for £14k so I guess it is unrealistic
I think we were looking for a classic edition, not an LE…

I think an original B/W AFM sold last year for £6.5k on the forum and, to be honest, I’d probably prefer an original because I like p****g around with my pins :)

Looking to pay up to £8.5k depending on condition (but let me know if that’s not realistic).

We should have cash by the end of the week.

We’re also open to an MM in the unlikely event someone is willing to sell one.
Sold a really nice one 2 years ago for less than £5k.

I just sold a mint Manny original for £6.5k with ALL the mods and original playfield, rather have that over the remake all day long.
£10-£14k for a remake is a lot!

Why don’t you pick up a CGC Monster Bash Classic for £7k ?
I don‘t like MB that much. I mean, it’s really fun to play on location and has great music, but I don’t think I’d want to buy it.

AFMLE, May 2021, £7000
AFM Original, November 2021, £6500 including ColorDmd and mods.

*Advertised prices
Thanks for putting me right on price, folks. If anyone has a AFM original going for ~£6.5k, that would be grand.

Last edited:
My five-year-old son wants JP2 Prem. I’ve told him that, if he restarts playing the pins we already have in the house, we might get JP2 one day. Otherwise, he doesn’t get a say in the matter…
I can totally empathise….. although he does play Metallica and FishTales.

Looking to pay up to £8.5k depending on condition (but let me know if that’s not realistic).

We should have cash by the end of the week.

We’re also open to an MM in the unlikely event someone is willing to sell one.
Personally I think £8.5 should easily get you either.

The MMr LE that sold a few months ago, went for £10k I read somewhere. So an original I would be in your budget I would think.

There was a AFM LE for sale by Ken on UKVAC for 13k dollars but that sold locally in the states,which is a completely different market.

As said above AFM between 6-7k
I paid £6k for mine which I thought was a fair deal.
I had a budget of £6k and I wouldn’t of moved from it to be honest.

Good luck with your search.

Paid 6k for my original very tidy AFM, new playfield, re-decaled etc. plays fast and furious, probably twice the speed of the remake at pinfest which seemed slow in comparison.

That was a couple of years ago though,

You cant hammer it constantly as it is fairly simple but everytime i have a break for a while, ill come back to it and cant get off the thing, so probably the last to go.

Still find myself playing it more than GZ tbh.

I would want too much for my AFM

48296748-21E8-49C9-8788-4BACCD2A8ABF.jpeg
6CF7575F-7557-4EED-881F-1D699A0380F4.jpeg
09E0DAA4-0918-4140-AF6C-CFAFF2998116.jpeg
31E89F3A-5A92-4099-869E-D126A8BA23CD.jpeg

Attachments

• A56177FC-D7B9-4ADC-AE31-C41C4E951256.jpeg
    A56177FC-D7B9-4ADC-AE31-C41C4E951256.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks yeah pretty pleased with how the toppers coming along.

I 3D modelled the Martian using zbrush and resin printed it. Then re-drew all the artwork from scratch in vector with adobe illustrator, then got the vinyls printed. Plastics were hand cut with a scroll saw.

Dont have a real one to copy so used reference images i found online. Its not exact but fairly close.

The shaking mechanism for the Martian is running in prototype so will be interactive like the real one hopefully.

Might be able to make a few more once its all done but keep buying new pins so keep getting distracted :)

Thanks yeah pretty pleased with how the toppers coming along.

I 3D modelled the Martian using zbrush and resin printed it. Then re-drew all the artwork from scratch in vector with adobe illustrator, then got the vinyls printed. Plastics were hand cut with a scroll saw.

Dont have a real one to copy so used reference images i found online. Its not exact but fairly close.

The shaking mechanism for the Martian is running in prototype so will be interactive like the real one hopefully.

Might be able to make a few more once its all done but keep buying new pins so keep getting distracted :)
Great work looks amazing. If you do a run I’m sure you’ll have a queue of buyers including me!

Bump!

Hoping to view an AFM needing work, but not sure when that’s going to be.

I’m also open to a CFTBL with a nice playfield.

We now have cash waiting…

Changed my advert a bit.

If I can’t get an AFM(r), we’re on the interest list for an MMr, but I’d marginally prefer an AFM.

Weekly BUMP.

I'm actually not looking for an AFM right now, more like March/April 2023 as we have two other pins coming in, but I'm keen to jump on a player's condition AFM if anyone has/sees one on Facebook/Gumtree in the next few months.

In March/April 2023, I will likely be open to a AFMr (or similar) pin - at the relevant price point - if that's that's all available.

I'm also open to an MM(r) and am on the interest list for a new MMr next year, but personally marginally prefer AFM (my husband marginally prefers MM).

Personally I don't think you can be picky with those games. Whatever comes up, get it.

Because if one comes up it'll disappear near instantly. They are all the most desired pins of all time.

Personally I don't think you can be picky with those games. Whatever comes up, get it.

Because if one comes up it'll disappear near instantly. They are all the most desired pins of all time.
There are two people involved in pinball purchases over here, and my plan to buy a new MMr next summer and then try to swap it for a second-hand AFMr didn't go down very well... :oops:

Forum-wise, they're the most desirable of the 90s B/W-era pins, but they seem to suffer from not being the new Stern hotness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom