What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advise on Arcade1up Marvel VPB

Big Cheese

Registered
Hi all,

I'm new here and if I've made a mistake posting here, please accept my appoligies.

After purchasing 2 of these machine, both faulty PCB's with no main screen display, I've decided to rebuild both with PC's and the additional boards required.

My intention is to complete 1 running original 24" monitor & as much of the original harware as possible to keep cost down and then sell. I'm guessing I need to fit the following:

PC
NT68676 HDMI converter
FRDM-KL05Z
Sainsmart PCB 8 way

Hopefully this would allow me to use the original plunger, speakers, DMD & solenoids.

If anyone has experience on these any help would be appreciated.

The second machine I intend to keep and fitting with the following:

32" monitor
PC
FRDM-KL05Z
Sainsmart PCB 8 way
With options on sound, lighting, feedback toys ect. Still doing my homework on some of this stuff.

Can I ask those in the know, does it justify the extra expence for 4k monitor as I would also need to spend extra on the graphics card & possibly the PC also?
Also anyone got any tips or recommendations before I begin.

Thanks

My fist vpin I built had a 32inxh 1080p 120hz screen. I struggled to read some inserts on tables. I rebuild it a year later with a LG C2 42" 4k 120hz and wow what a difference it is! I would recommend anyone to upgrade to 4k if they can, even better if you can get 4k 120hz. The LG ultra gear are good screens (this was my first vpin screen) they do then in 4k too for not much more than the 1080p version too.
If you plan on keeping this for a while I would suggest the upgrade as in 6 months do you really want to take it all apart again for upgrades?

Forgot to add If you use discord come and join VPC, 1000s of people on there who have built or are building cabs so plenty of help and resources etc If you want an invite let me know and I'll pm you

Well thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Think I had already decided to go the 4k route, your reply definately makes the decision 100% now. Sadly the high refresh rate is out of my price point at £650 (link bottom)
The likely hood is i'm going to get this (link bottom)

I've used discord for the AI stuff early last year but not been on it for well over 12 months so yes please for the invite, might simpify my route to the correct place. Definately need more info setting these tables up.

So far I have for the machine to resell:

Existing 24" monitor
NXP FRDM-KL25Z
NT68676 (to allow old screen to be used)
Sainsmart 8 way relay board

Guessing I don't need a very hi spec PC to run this?

Expensive 4k monitor link

Much cheaper & affordable 4k monitor link

Guessing I don't need a very hi spec PC to run this?
If you are founf 4k and intend on playing the latest vpx, future pinball and FX tables then they higher the spec the better. I'd suggest a minimum of a 3060gpu and a decent processor from the last 2 years. I run a 3070 with a ryzen 5 5800x cpu and I can sit at a solid 120fps on anything so far. Vpx only runs on 1 core at the min so core count doesn't really matter for this but other programs use multi cores so it's best to get a bit if both but if you go for something with a lower core count make sure it has higher clock speeds. You could probably build a decent spec pc for a few £100 if you go second hand. I'll grab the links to the discord channels when I get home for you.

Nice one thanks.
As i intend to complete the lower spec table for resale 1st, this does give me time to hunt around for hardware including monitor.
You are so very right, I don't want to strip and rebuild my own machine due to completing in lower spec, I guess the monitor is a 1 off never to be upgraded, so this is my priority, I will look for hi spec monitor & take it from there.
Thanks again H3RBSKI much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom