What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed

Txtpest

Registered
Hi all

My mother has a Star Trek pinball that has been collecting dust for many years. I seem to remember that when she got it there were faults that my stepdad (who was an electrician) was going to fix (we have 4 other machines that he regularly serviced) but he passed away in 2003.

Realistically what kind of price would one of these go for without a proper assessment?

She did have a guy come around a few years ago who she felt was overly pushy with her, wanted silly money to come and look over the machines and then told her that the back board of the Addams Family was shot and he took it and told her he'd contact her if it could be fixed, she only heard from him to say it was dead and nothing else (no names mentioned).

I did post a few questions about 3 years ago, but then got stuck abroad with what's been happening the last couple of years. I'm back at mum's until early next week and I'm hoping to convince her to get shot of a couple of the machines while I'm here.

I'm guessing we'd need someone to assess the machines too before we could look at selling them, so would need someone around the London/Essex area if anyone knows someone reliable and who isn't gonna charge a fortune (or take pieces of the machines with them 🤣).

Attachments

• 20220622_183400.jpg
    20220622_183400.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
I’m relatively new to pinball, but in the last few years used pinball prices have gone up. Maybe a good condition DE Star Trek £2200 to £2500? Other members please chip in and correct me if I’m wrong (but that’s fully working). Lots of good people here on the pinballinfo forum could check it out no doubt. Be careful of direct messages with low ball offers- equally, if the batteries haven’t been touched in years, expect expensive repairs as these degrade overtime and cause damage to the boards behind the back glass. Good luck

This is a tricky one. You sound like you want to sell more than just this one and want reasonable prices.
Forget that the forum asks for a small £10 donation to sell machines for a bit as you are asking for help. Forgive me @Paul but I do want to help.

You could list all the machines you may want to move on and we help give you a range for each. That means whoever goes around can justify why they think each machine is where on the range.

Or you get someone over who seems trustworthy. But how do you trust a complete stranger unless the community vouch for them??

There are many on here who could come over and take all the machine on offer. We like a deal and we like a challenge.

Which path do you want to take?

This is a tricky one. You sound like you want to sell more than just this one and want reasonable prices.
Forget that the forum asks for a small £10 donation to sell machines for a bit as you are asking for help. Forgive me @Paul but I do want to help.

You could list all the machines you may want to move on and we help give you a range for each. That means whoever goes around can justify why they think each machine is where on the range.

Or you get someone over who seems trustworthy. But how do you trust a complete stranger unless the community vouch for them??

There are many on here who could come over and take all the machine on offer. We like a deal and we like a challenge.

Which path do you want to take?

Update:

After having Stan (top man) come around to assess them the 3 machines that mother was willing to let go have now gone to pastures new.

Thanks again guys for all the comments, info and tips, it really helped.

Back
Top Bottom